Fran McCaffery and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Transfer Portal

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
Hawkeye guy on KXNO right now saying Iowa is a tournament team. There is a lot of "if so and so and raise his game." "So and so is due for a breakout year."
Heard that too. “Expect Patrick and Sandfort to make huge jumps”.

cyfan92

Sep 20, 2011
Augusta National Golf Club
Hawkeye guy on KXNO right now saying Iowa is a tournament team. There is a lot of "if so and so and raise his game." "So and so is due for a breakout year."

I agree. Not based on roster skill. But based on the fact that 1/3 of the conference is trash and inflates records. This allows marginal teams to get into March Madness. Then those teams are upset early.

• Agree
Reactions: werdnamanhill

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Heard that too. “Expect Patrick and Sandfort to make huge jumps”.

Sandfort looks like a player who could be a good piece with playmakers around him but struggle without good point guards and inside finishers to open up shots. Probably an improvement on defense over a middle aged final form Jobo but not on offense.

I've barely been following this but is Fran just going to eat a scholarship or two because he can't get any transfer targets?

• Agree
Reactions: Acylum

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
I agree. Not based on roster skill. But based on the fact that 1/3 of the conference is trash and inflates records. This allows marginal teams to get into March Madness. Then those teams are upset early.

A bubble team looked like the best team in the conference in the dance. The other two bubble teams clearly did not deserve their invite.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Think about the conference differences. TT is an overtime away from three different B12 teams being the last 3 National Champions.

Reactions: NWICY

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
Sandfort looks like a player who could be a good piece with playmakers around him but struggle without good point guards and inside finishers to open up shots. Probably an improvement on defense over a middle aged final form Jobo but not on offense.

I've barely been following this but is Fran just going to eat a scholarship or two because he can't get any transfer targets?
Supposedly he said in a recent interview that he didn't think it was fair to use the portal to recruit over the players already on the team.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron