Fran McCaffery and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Transfer Portal

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
Wasn’t the dude that went after Twins another lawyer guy? Making up **** about attacking and stalking his family and stuff? That was wild. That guy seemed like a major dildo.
Is this the same guy who was trying to put out a hit on Twins?

GTO

Mar 25, 2014
North DFW, TX
It's amazing to see them squirm trying to figure out how they should respond.

-Fran is doing terrible in the portal, while ISU has signed several:
"Fran's doing it the right way. The portal is not a recipe for long term success. That's why he's focusing on high schoolers."

Iowa State is bringing in more high school players than Fran this year:
"But ISU plays so slow. Their fans aren't going to want to watch."

ISU fans will watch us beat Iowa by 20 and go to the sweet 16:
"Iowa won 26 games last year and had a player of the year candidate!"

And that added up to what? A first round loss?:
"Iowa had a bad draw. We didn't have enough rest!"

You played an A-10 team who had the same amount of rest as Iowa did.:
"The ball was rigged! The refs were against us! Jorbo had a canker sore! The groundhog saw his shadow! The dog ate my homework! My alarm didn't go off! The traffic was terrible! The illuminati were working with the lizard people! Hanging chads!!!!!!'
I know a certain former ISU football player who would pop JBo's canker sore for free with a well-placed shot.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Wasn’t the dude that went after Twins another lawyer guy? Making up **** about attacking and stalking his family and stuff? That was wild. That guy seemed like a major dildo.
Yeah, the same crap bag that made up some crap about me and called me a pedo.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
I don't disagree with this, but couldn't you say this applies to something like 90% of college sports fans?
Most fans are largely only watching their team, regardless of style play.

If style of play is so important, then why aren't Grinnell basketball games sold out and broadcast on ESPN?

I will disagree that if TJ continues to run a defense heavy style, and ISU wins, goes to Sweet 16s, etc, that ISU fans will suddenly stop watching. Hilton will still be sold out. Fans will travel in waves to KC, NCAA sites, etc.

Winning is biggest (maybe only?) factor for fans.

Yep it took about all of 4 games for the fans in Hilton to realize defense was last yrs team and to embrace it. The effort last yrs team exhibited made it easy to cheer for them, though not always easy to watch on offense.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Here's a great post from HR

"It's a lot like how people viewed Iowateam last year. Although we all knew that he'd be good, NO ONE expected Keegan Murray to be a consensus All American. Losing Kris, too, would hurt, but Iowa has some pretty good players coming back and new kids coming in. I wouldn't put them down before we see them play together. They will have the ability to defend and score. It's how well the gel as a team, especially on defense, that will determine how far they can go."

https://iowa.forums.rivals.com/thre...5-in-the-transfer-portal.390205/post-10129821

They have the ability to defend and score? Do they? If Kris leaves, they are losing well over 50% of their scoring from last year, and are replacing it with.... Who? No new faces other than two freshman guards, (one with a broken leg)
Who else is picking up the slack? Big Apple Butter? Lip Macrotcha? Sandcastle? Mulva? Connor?

How much more can you expect out of PMAC?

They better pray that Kris comes back, and that he has the same jump that his brother did.

You do a great job nicknaming the Hawks it makes me laugh every time.

ForbinsAscynt

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 8, 2014
I’m not sure why anyone would engage in that thread. The guy who uses clown fans every post is the internet equivalent of Wayne Arnold from The Wonder Years.

MuskieCy

Nov 4, 2006
It's amazing to see them squirm trying to figure out how they should respond.

-Fran is doing terrible in the portal, while ISU has signed several:
"Fran's doing it the right way. The portal is not a recipe for long term success. That's why he's focusing on high schoolers."

Iowa State is bringing in more high school players than Fran this year:
"But ISU plays so slow. Their fans aren't going to want to watch."

ISU fans will watch us beat Iowa by 20 and go to the sweet 16:
"Iowa won 26 games last year and had a player of the year candidate!"

And that added up to what? A first round loss?:
"Iowa had a bad draw. We didn't have enough rest!"

"The ball was rigged! The refs were against us! Jorbo had a canker sore! The groundhog saw his shadow! The dog ate my homework! My alarm didn't go off! The traffic was terrible! The illuminati were working with the lizard people! Banging Chad!!!!!!'
"The ball was rigged! The refs were against us! Jorbo had a canker sore! The groundhog saw his shadow! The dog ate my homework! My alarm didn't go off! The traffic was terrible! The illuminati were working with the lizard people! Banging Chad!!!!!!'

FIFY

Last edited:
Reactions: CycloneVet

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.

FIFY
You forgot the excuse that they had to travel so far while ISU only went to Wisconsin.

Reactions: CycloneVet

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron