who are the worst hawk fans?

Bubbahotep

Jul 23, 2008
Des Moines
Says the hawkeye posting away on a Cyclone fan board.

As far as why there is an in-state rivals section on this board, I wish there weren't. I would love to have just one site that had no mention of Iowa. Allows me to daydream of a more perfect world.
The problem if there was no Iowa, would be Nebraska. And those fans actually have a history of national championships to fall back on. So, technically, it could be worse. At least we beat Iowa on occasion.

jahfg

Apr 19, 2006
Ames
I have heard two Hawkeye fans say they would beat USC. Some of them are beyond delusional.

URBCLONE

Mar 26, 2006
Urbandale
The problem if there was no Iowa, would be Nebraska. And those fans actually have a history of national championships to fall back on. So, technically, it could be worse. At least we beat Iowa on occasion.

Perhaps. I would say though that almost every NU fan that I have met is actually very knowledgeable about ISU and can carry a decent conversation without insults.

prdhawk

Dec 29, 2008
knoxville
Says the hawkeye posting away on a Cyclone fan board.

As far as why there is an in-state rivals section on this board, I wish there weren't. I would love to have just one site that had no mention of Iowa. Allows me to daydream of a more perfect world.
sorry urb not tryin to upset ya!

Bubbahotep

Jul 23, 2008
Des Moines
Perhaps. I would say though that almost every NU fan that I have met is actually very knowledgeable about ISU and can carry a decent conversation without insults.
True enough, and when we do beat nebraska, they don't come up with a million excuses why they lost, they just stick their heads in the sand.

Bobber

Apr 12, 2006
Hudson, Iowa

Well the Omaha World Herold does seem to do a better job of covering ISU than the Desmoines Register.

Nebraska fans are annoying as well. However, can't say I've ever had any light into me like some Hawk fans I've met.

URBCLONE

Mar 26, 2006
Urbandale
Well the Omaha World Herold does seem to do a better job of covering ISU than the Desmoines Register.

Nebraska fans are annoying as well. However, can't say I've ever had any light into me like some Hawk fans I've met.

Exactly right on both counts. I have a couple of really good friends that are Big Red fans. When ISU defeated them in FB, both of them simply said congratulations. The typical hawk response has always been "It's your Super Bowl" or something similar. The best one was Jon Miller after the 2005 game saying "ISU, just like in Saving Private Ryan, I tell you EARN THIS". Whatever.

ISUAlum2002

Apr 11, 2006
Toon Town, IA
Exactly right on both counts. I have a couple of really good friends that are Big Red fans. When ISU defeated them in FB, both of them simply said congratulations. The typical hawk response has always been "It's your Super Bowl" or something similar. The best one was Jon Miller after the 2005 game saying "ISU, just like in Saving Private Ryan, I tell you EARN THIS". Whatever.

Well, he was right. That was a great team, and they followed up that dominating performance with with losses to Baylor, OT to Mizzou and 2OT at Nebraska when there were several chances to choke the life out of them.

tube1

Oct 19, 2006
First of all, congrats to the hawks on turning the season around from what looked like a really crappy season to a very successful, January bowl winning season.

Now on to the topic...the worst type of hawkeye fan. Mine is my sister. In the middle of the outback bowl game, I get a text message from her saying "GO HAWKS". Randomly thoughout the year, she makes lame comments about cyclones, and equally lame cheers for the hawks whenever I visit. I can't comment back because she doesn't get anything I say. My sister is the less than casual fan who doesn't like sports. She did not watch a single football game all season. I highly doubt she was watching the bowl game, and probably just saw the score while flipping through channels. While not knowing anything about football or basketball, much less ever watching a game, she still finds the need to make comments to me like, "so what bowl are the cyclones playing?" While normal hawk fans ask this to make fun....sometimes, I think she is serious when she asks.

Thank God we don't have any fans like these. :skeptical:

URBCLONE

Mar 26, 2006
Urbandale
Well, he was right. That was a great team, and they followed up that dominating performance with with losses to Baylor, OT to Mizzou and 2OT at Nebraska when there were several chances to choke the life out of them.

That was a good team. Iowa was not a great team. Miller in typical hawkeye fashion made it sound as though ISU had knocked off the Joe Montana led 49ers.

joberman1

Jan 2, 2009
Section AA:Row 31:Seat 17
the ones like my aunt who:

1.lives in houston
2.hangs out with martha tate on a weekly basis (drew tates mother)
3.is the president of the texas hawkeye club
4.has every squawkeye thing she owns signed by drew tate
5.and gives me dirty looks when i talk **** about the hawkeyes

ISUKyro

Oct 28, 2006
Houston, TX

1.lives in houston

You want me to do a drive by Cyclone Mini Helmet Drop Off for ya!

scottie33

Nov 25, 2006
Ames, Iowa

1.lives in houston

Ask her if she can sign my avatar please...TIA

cyclones6785

Dec 16, 2007

1.lives in houston

I'm sure you just LOVE it when she talks **** about Iowa State. :skeptical:

Help Support Us

Become a patron