Fran McCaffery and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Transfer Portal

trevn

LIV Tour DJ
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
Eastern Iowa
Unless its kris its not an impact player
Perkins and to a lesser extent Ulis would hurt since they just lost some depth with Joe T. I know they have a kid coming in they’re excited about but Ulis/Perkins will be needed next year.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Perkins and to a lesser extent Ulis would hurt since they just lost some depth with Joe T. I know they have a kid coming in they’re excited about but Ulis/Perkins will be needed next year.
I could see Ulis leave. Not many minutes in B1G tourney and zero minutes vs Richmond.

(I'm assuming he wasn't hurt?)

shadow

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006

Wow - that is awesome. So Lickliter's kid played for Iowa and was terrible, I take it? Did it really matter since weren't Lickliter teams just absolutely atrocious?

Bader

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 25, 2007
Ankeny
Collective sigh of relief from the Cyclone faithful. Now we wait on pins and needles to see who next year's Luka or Keegan is gonna be.
Happy that a kid from the state of Iowa is about to go and get drafted in the lottery, but, I would not have been concerned in the slightest if Murray stuck around for another year. Confused would’ve been about the only emotion

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
There’s literally only Kris who fits the mold
That's what they want us to think.

Fast forward 7 months from now. Patrick has put on 20 pounds of muscle and spent all off season shooting 35' threes with Luka. Filip Rebraca puts up numbers like he did at North Dakota. Payton Sandfort gets adequate playing time and becomes a high volume 3 point scorer at 40+% and pushes for all big 10 consideration. Tony Perkins just takes over with his athleticism and develops a nice 3 point stroke to go with it.

I could see any of that happening aside from the Patrick part, which I hope comes across as funny as it sounded in my head.

cyatheart

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2008
That's what I was saying.
There’s zero reason to call any transfer ISU has ever gotten a thug. It was Iowa fans way of showing their racism and lack of awareness without overtly saying, “we’re racist and iowa is doing it the white right way!”
I guess you are saying Fran is racist? He is a lot of things, including a crap coach, but I don't think he is that. I don't think it's fair to imply that, and to my knowledge in his years of coaching has never been thought of like that.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
This guy was perfect for their culture. A dirty player. Not sure what will be a better fit for him.
A lot of teams in the east coast play dirty and chippy. Syracuse and Virginia come to mind. A St John's or Seton Hall. That said, I'm not sure Joe is the caliber of player to get looks from a P6 school.