Who's headed to the United Center?

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
Thought I'd start a thread to see who's going. Best areas to stay? Best place to hang out before the game and watch the early games?

Reactions: Cycho1

Urbandale2013

Jan 28, 2018
Urbandale
Thought I'd start a thread to see who's going. Best areas to stay? Best place to hang out before the game and watch the early games?
Not going to make it but last time we stayed in Elmhurst and it worked out well. My dad (Iowa fan) went with me but only I went to the game since I got student tickets. It worked out really well with being right on the interstate to the United Center. The location of the United Center sucks so you probably won’t want to stay right by the arena.

Reactions: OldCurmudgeon

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
I just booked the Crowne Plaza which is a little east of the United Center, but should be an easy Uber back and forth

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Man sucks I am seven years removed from living a couple miles away.

For those who think the UC and surrounding area suck or is dangerous. The area is gentrifying rapidly. Not dangerous with big event like this going, by the time I moved I would regularly ride my bike around there.

River East neighborhood near downtown just east of UC has some of the best restaurants in the world. Or just downtown in general is not far.

Just north a couple miles my old neighborhood wicker park/bucktown is crazy fun nightlife and live rock clubs if you like that. More fun than Wrigleyville imho and much closer.

Either are walking distance on nice day…maybe 20-30 minute walk but possible…or really short cab or Uber.

mlendog

Oct 21, 2019
The Ogden is a sports bar right next to the UC that I'm sure will be a tournament crowd.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Pending my friend finding a babysitter, we are in. I’ve never been to a sweet 16 game. (I have been to our first/second round games in 1986, 2000, 2014, and 2017. What do those have in common? All but one were sweet 16 teams, so my record is 7-1.)

What’s the parking situation?

Also it is almost the same price to buy full session tickets.

Reactions: bozclone and NWICY

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
I'm mulling it.

I really want to.

But I'm kind of having cashflow issues now having just bought a house and still having a few months of rent to go on the current place and my wife not having started her new job that'll pay her four times as much.

At least a $1,000 (if not $2,000) trip inclusive of everything.

The games look really nice on the big TV, too.

Should I, /cf/?

• Friendly
Reactions: cstrunk and cdface

conmebol

Apr 11, 2006
I just booked Chicago Marriott at Medical District/UIC, looks to be walkable from United Center. Now need to figure out tickets

Reactions: WesRuby

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Pending my friend finding a babysitter, we are in. I’ve never been to a sweet 16 game. (I have been to our first/second round games in 1986, 2000, 2014, and 2017. What do those have in common? All but one were sweet 16 teams, so my record is 7-1.)

Take the train.

Reactions: cowgirl836

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Take the train.

Ideally we would. But the person I’m with might want a car handy. Where would you pick it up? We’d be over by O’Hare.

conmebol

Apr 11, 2006

Do you know if full session ticket be resold if we don't win Friday?

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
Ideally we would. But the person I’m with might want a car handy. Where would you pick it up? We’d be over by O’Hare.
Blue line goes to ohare and there are park and rides and it would drop you off about 3 blocks from the stadium

• Informative
Reactions: NWICY and jsb

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
From OHare to UC, you'd probably have to hop on a bus at some point.

KnappShack

May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown
Man sucks I am seven years removed from living a couple miles away.

For those who think the UC and surrounding area suck or is dangerous. The area is gentrifying rapidly. Not dangerous with big event like this going, by the time I moved I would regularly ride my bike around there.

River East neighborhood near downtown just east of UC has some of the best restaurants in the world. Or just downtown in general is not far.

Just north a couple miles my old neighborhood wicker park/bucktown is crazy fun nightlife and live rock clubs if you like that. More fun than Wrigleyville imho and much closer.

Either are walking distance on nice day…maybe 20-30 minute walk but possible…or really short cab or Uber.

Confirmed. The area around the UC used to be a little more gritty.

I got **** bombed before a Blackhawks game at the Billy Goat. Easy walk to the stadium.

Food - not great but historic for a old SNL crowd
Close to the stadium - 10 minute stumble?

Speaking of stumble....they serve beer. So there's that.

Help Support Us

Become a patron