Random Thoughts 16: “Somebody had to do it” edition

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
The only way I've ever gotten the lugnuts off is standing on the wrench and hopping up and down, but ive had some rust boxes where they were tough to persuade off.
I have a four foot pipe to put on my breaker bars to first push and then to jump on to assist.

Reactions: wxman1

stormchaser2014

Mar 12, 2012
Wisconsin
**** ** *** ** * ****** ** ** *** *** *** * * * ******** ** *** *** !!!!!!!
1e2a699f-4dde-4b75-99e2-655fa3a42cff_text.gif

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
people who work from home is your bar for taking a sick day the same as in office, or do you only take them when you physically can't sit at a desk? Fairly sure I have omicron but I live alone so it's not worth getting tested as I can isolate pretty easily on my own. I feel like 4/10 well, but am not sure what the protocol is for taking a sick day. Since a lot of the reason to take one traditionally is to not get others sick.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
people who work from home is your bar for taking a sick day the same as in office, or do you only take them when you physically can't sit at a desk? Fairly sure I have omicron but I live alone so it's not worth getting tested as I can isolate pretty easily on my own. I feel like 4/10 well, but am not sure what the protocol is for taking a sick day. Since a lot of the reason to take one traditionally is to not get others sick.
Would say if you can’t perform at least 75% or better, it’s a sick day.

• Agree
Reactions: ImJustKCClone

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids

Kind of what they said if I am not going to be able to be mostly productive due to my health then it's a sick day. I haven't had to do that yet but came close a couple of times.

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
Kind of what they said if I am not going to be able to be mostly productive due to my health then it's a sick day. I haven't had to do that yet but came close a couple of times.
I'll pop some medicine in the morning and just work as much as I can. Then ill just randomly click the mouse in the afternoon to stay green on Skype. I'll probably be fine after some sleep.

Reactions: wxman1

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
Personally I can't remember the last time I took a sick day. I've called in because something came up over night but I can't remember the last time I've woken up and said I can't make it to work.

I'm trying to remember if I ever have.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012

Do you actually have sick time or is PTO to be used at your discretion? I guess my thought would be to try working worst that happens is that you end up taking half a day. Kind of depends on how hard your day is also I mean hell if you can not use PTO and save it for vacation, vacations are more fun then sick days IMO.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
Do you actually have sick time or is PTO to be used at your discretion? I guess my thought would be to try working worst that happens is that you end up taking half a day. Kind of depends on how hard your day is also I mean hell if you can not use PTO and save it for vacation, vacations are more fun then sick days IMO.
Anymore sick days are just lumped into PTO. It's another way companies try to make it sound like they are giving you a benefit but it actually favors the company.
The biggest scam is unlimited PTO, In the last two years many people haven't used much PTO because there was no where to go. Our company just switched to the unlimited PTO policy so guess what, all that accrued PTO from the last 2 years went away and they don't have to pay it out. Being that you no longer accrue PTO they don't have to pay it out when you leave.
Most people don't abuse the policy so the company wins in the long run. Plus new employees now have the same PTO as the long term employee.

• Informative
Reactions: NWICY
Status
Not open for further replies.

Help Support Us

Become a patron