Random Thoughts 16: “Somebody had to do it” edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
Yeah, just get some of that foam with which they fill forklift and construction equipment tires. You may need to put some duct tape on the gash in the side of the tire if it is oozing out at first.

i should have done this instead of trying to put the spare on without an impact drill.Lugs are finally off. Now to get the tire off

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
i should have done this instead of trying to put the spare on without an impact drill.Lugs are finally off. Now to get the tire off
Danger: don't remove the lugs. It is enough to just remove the lug nuts. ;)

I had a broken lug once and they charged me more than I thought it would cost to replace it.

Reactions: wxman1

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Nope. Gave up and am now waiting on AAA. He can fight it
I once got a flat on my old Ford Ranger on a Chicago suburbs freeway. I was struggling to get the tire off when one of those State highway helper trucks showed up. He pulled out his lug wrench and couldn't get the lug nut to turn. We went back to my X lug wrench so we could both get on it - it wouldn't budge. So then we got future Mrs. Velo out of the cab so she could stand on the lug wrench while helper guy and I both pushed and pulled on the wrench and it finally broke free. It bent my lug wrench but we got that damned thing. I had a word after that with the shop that air wrenched my aluminum wheels on that thing.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
I once got a flat on my old Ford Ranger on a Chicago suburbs freeway. I was struggling to get the tire off when one of those State highway helper trucks showed up. He pulled out his lug wrench and couldn't get the lug nut to turn. We went back to my X lug wrench so we could both get on it - it wouldn't budge. So then we got future Mrs. Velo out of the cab so she could stand on the lug wrench while helper guy and I both pushed and pulled on the wrench and it finally broke free. It bent my lug wrench but we got that damned thing. I had a word after that with the shop that air wrenched my aluminum wheels on that thing.

Had my winter tires/rims mounted by mobile service dudes with a tire service van. Was happy to see he was tightening down the nuts with a torque wrench.

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
The only way I've ever gotten the lugnuts off is standing on the wrench and hopping up and down, but ive had some rust boxes where they were tough to persuade off.

Status
Not open for further replies.