PRAIRIE VIEW A&M Sunday

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
PV A&M has played one P6 team, Nebraska, and lost by 55.

Good news is this is our only game between December 12 and January 2 so our four guards playing a ton-o-minutes shouldn't be a big deal. Will be more of a grind come conference if they can't get Diew and Fritz back. Fritz missing all of this freshman initiation to college Div 1 playing time is certainly not ideal. Hoping MEM can stay on the court now that she is back to playing some.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
AMES, Iowa - No. 12 Iowa State will look to close the calendar year and the non-conference schedule on a winning note as it takes on Prairie View A&M Sunday at 5 p.m. inside Hilton Coliseum. The Cyclones will be looking to close regular season non-conference play undefeated for the 21st time under head coach Bill Fennelly.

The Matchup: No. 12 Iowa State (10-1, 0-0 Big 12) vs. Prairie View A&M (2-7, 0-0 SWAC)
Where: Ames, Iowa - Hilton Coliseum (14,267)
When: Sunday, Dec. 19, 5 p.m. (CST)
Radio: Cyclone Radio Network/Varsity Radio App
Talent: Noah Wolf (PxP), Jamie Steyer Johnson (Analyst)
TV: Big 12 Now on ESPN+
Talent: Shawn Kenney (PxP), Chelsea Poppens (Analyst)
Webcast: Big 12 Now on ESPN+
Live Stats: Cyclonestats.com

- Cyclones.com

Thinking @acoustimac might stay at home and watch on ESPN+ when he sees who is doing the color for the broadcast. ;)

I'll probably watch the first half. Not thinking there is going to be much to see here other than getting some court time for MEM. Assuming it might be the same at around 10 minutes. My wild speculation is they will keep limiting her minutes until it's shown her stress injury isn't going to reemerge. They never say much about our injuries (ever) so only have my own stress injury to go off of from wayback when I had to abandon running 10K training miles and concentrate on lower mileage totals and just race 5K. Took a few years to figure a threshold I just couldn't go past without it blowing up and sidelining me for weeks on end.

Reactions: StClone

StClone

Dec 17, 2009
Wisconsin
AMES, Iowa - No. 12 Iowa State will look to close the calendar year and the non-conference schedule on a winning note as it takes on Prairie View A&M Sunday at 5 p.m. inside Hilton Coliseum. The Cyclones will be looking to close regular season non-conference play undefeated for the 21st time under head coach Bill Fennelly.

The Matchup: No. 12 Iowa State (10-1, 0-0 Big 12) vs. Prairie View A&M (2-7, 0-0 SWAC)

- Cyclones.com

Thinking @acoustimac might stay at home and watch on ESPN+ when he sees who is doing the color for the broadcast. ;)

I'll probably watch the first half. Not thinking there is going to be much to see here other than getting some court time for MEM. Assuming it might be the same at around 10 minutes. My wild speculation is they will keep limiting her minutes until it's shown her stress injury isn't going to reemerge. They never say much about our injuries (ever) so only have my own stress injury to go off of from wayback when I had to abandon running 10K training miles and concentrate on lower mileage totals and just race 5K. Took a few years to figure a threshold I just couldn't go past without it blowing up and sidelining me for weeks on end.
Now that is how to "tube up" as in where to find it on the TV.

As to injuries, I think there is some confidentiality for whatever reason but it is not covered by HIPAA laws.

Last edited:

acoustimac

Jan 8, 2009
Lamoni, IA

- Cyclones.com

I‘ll be at the game. Making a double header out of the men and women's games tomorrow.