TCU has to be in a tough spot with Patterson, right?

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
21-21 since end of 2017

This year's defense has to be one of his worst.

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006
He's their Fry/Snyder/Beamer. Its gotta be tough to pull the trigger on that.
Yep, it will be but I think it would probably be for the best for the program right now. Program has gone stale and I'm doubtful that Patterson will get the "mojo" back.

With Texas & OU leaving that maybe will help them a bit in the Big 12 but not sure on that.

JimmyChitwood

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 3, 2015
Southern Iowa
He's an amazing football mind but his best days are behind him.
It might be time to retire and ride off into the sunset with a Saturday football show.

Reactions: chadly82

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006
I know it's a Message Board after a loss but quite a few "Fire Gary" & "Patterson Sucks" posts on there.

Reactions: Ankency

Rogue52

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 20, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
If they “fire” him, it would be a mutual resignation/retirement. Let’s not have that introduced this season where we play then the last week.

Reactions: BeachCyclone

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010
If they “fire” him, it would be a mutual resignation/retirement. Let’s not have that introduced this season where we play then the last week.

You just know that's how it will play out though. "Win one for Gary!" with ISU's championship aspirations hanging in the balance.

Remember how much latitude KSU got against ISU the year Snyder "retired", be ready for that.

JUKEBOX

Oct 27, 2008
people forget that tcu is not a powerhouse historically -- gary has the best winning percentage since francis schmidt (1929 - 1933)

most the records in between when gary started and 1933 are .500 and below

if their big cigars have someone lined up who is young and they're confident in (like a stoops -> lincoln riley deal), I don't think it would be a horrible idea to make a move, but historically speaking there's a bigger chance of potential downside than upside -- unless they luck out with the right guy

• Agree
Reactions: CascadeClone

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
You just know that's how it will play out though. "Win one for Gary!" with ISU's championship aspirations hanging in the balance.

Remember how much latitude KSU got against ISU the year Snyder "retired", be ready for that.

Luckily ISU is better than that and TCU is very beatable so ISU will have it on themselves to rise up and play well.