Serious question for the thousands of Hawk fans on this site...

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
What would the Iowa football program have to do to lose your support as a fan?

I think we all know all the various issues the Iowa football program has had under KF's rule.... so what would they actually have to do that would make you not support them any longer.... or would make you want to see KF be let go and for Barta to clean house and start over?

I mean... we're talking about Rhabdo, covering up rape, 70 former players with racist allegations, KF praising and supporting the guy that was let go for his racism, and the list goes on. Not to even mention the fact that KF took bonuses that he didn't deserve, etc. The guy is NOT the angel that all the media portrays him to be.... far from it. I just wonder what he'd actually have to do for the Iowa fanbase to turn on him?

And don't tell me "lose one game"..... because we all know that is true.... if they lose their next game there will be some Hawk fans wanting him fired... we've seen that time after time. I'm not talking about winning or losing games. I'm talking important stuff here.

Cyclonick182

Oct 12, 2007
Orlando, FL
The funny thing about moving out of the midwest.... I no longer have many ***** to give about their thoughts and opinions on anything. ;)

Reactions: Frak

cytor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 20, 2011
I don't waste time wondering why hok fans support Capt KKKirk.
I just wonder they are on a Cyclone message board and why they go to Iowa State games wearing hok crap.

#Trashcan U
They are some of the douchiest college fans in America. The Hoks are a media indoctrination phenomenon. Most of their idiot fans (sorry for the redundancy) never went to school there, let alone being able to get in. It's truly amazing how many people drink that media Kool-aid.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Kirk could murder someone and be caught on tape doing it and Iowa fans would still defend him

As long as he's getting them to January bowl games.... yes.

I just can't believe (well, actually unfortunately I can) that the media doesn't ever ask the questions that need to be asked of this program? I would just like to know from Barta why Doyle was let go for being racist, but yet also given a million bucks? That doesn't add up at all.

I'd also like to know from KF.... why he continued to support Doyle after he was forced out the door for being a racist? Why still support a racist? That's not really showing your team and your fans that you have actually turned the corner from your decades of racism by supporting the racist that was booted out of your program.

But like usual.... KF just gets the easy questions and never has to answer for any of this. Reporters were actually asking him such stupid questions that they were all laughing. I didn't think this would be something to laugh off, but yet that's how the "journalists" that cover Iowa football treated it.

And then you have one of the "journalists" covering Iowa football, Mike Hlas, who actually downplayed ISU's "5 star culture". He basically said it was dumb and meaningless. Okay Mike.... got it. You just go back to reporting and gushing over your racist Iowa program, and asking easy questions.... and downplaying the "culture" of a program. I can see why you downplay it..... Iowa has about a 2 star culture at best.

JRJ

Jan 20, 2014
I will start taking these inquiries seriously when all of you list the various social justice initiatives you have been involved in over the past 10 years. I suspect that until there was some red meat involving Iowa FB, none of you (or a very, very small percentage) have had any involvement with social programs involving race. Yet, when the complaints start with IA FB, it is like the Rainbow Coalition over here. Color me skeptical it stems from just outright jealously and envy rather than some actual personal concern.

cyclone1209

Nov 5, 2010
Denver
A couple of losing seasons would probably do it. I think Farentz could go full Baylor and most fans would just shrug as long as the W's keep rolling in.
Oh I agree. Their fan base is the Taliban of college football fans. I don’t meet other school fans who blatantly go out of their way to be an ass. Three hawk fans in our section at the game this year in the end zone all giving the double bird and yelling at cyclones fans, up 2 scores +

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
Oh I agree. Their fan base is the Taliban of college football fans. I don’t meet other school fans who blatantly go out of their way to be an ass. Three hawk fans in our section at the game this year in the end zone all giving the double bird and yelling at cyclones fans, up 2 scores +

This is next level stuff. Bravo.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
I will start taking these inquiries seriously when all of you list the various social justice initiatives you have been involved in over the past 10 years. I suspect that until there was some red meat involving Iowa FB, none of you (or a very, very small percentage) have had any involvement with social programs involving race. Yet, when the complaints start with IA FB, it is like the Rainbow Coalition over here. Color me skeptical it stems from just outright jealously and envy rather than some actual personal concern.

So it’s our fault that KF has been running a racist program for decades? We can’t find it disgusting unless we marched in parades for equality for all? Got it.

You guys should probably just stay quiet about this topic and pray it goes away like KF does, because anytime you open your mouth about it, you only sound like a worse human being.