I don't know when Jamie settled on

Istate

Jul 15, 2008
coach Rhoads, but I love that it's announced this morning. College football junkies have been waiting for the bowls to start and viewership should be great today. So what does Jamie do? He makes sure that every lead-in game discussion mentions ISU hiring a new coach and scrolling all game long in the ticker is the announcement. Whether you like Jamie or not you have to admit he's got the marketing game down.

Reactions: bufante

zmanzbo

Apr 11, 2006
Sorry but nobody cares that ISU hired Rhoads. After the WF game they mentioned it for a sec but then moved on to the Gill racist topic.

This is not big national news.

bluehooper

Apr 10, 2006
Sorry but nobody cares that ISU hired Rhoads. After the WF game they mentioned it for a sec but then moved on to the Gill racist topic.

This is not big national news.

I would have to disagree. It is on the front page news of ESPN and Yahoo Sports and also on the ticker on ESPN. A person doesn't have to look to hard to see this has happened.

SeattleClone

Aug 15, 2006
Hey, don't rain on the pity parade. Some people are just making it their job to refute any postive posts about this "no name" coach. And yes, it is on ESPN and many other places. Most BCS coaching changes are.

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
They talked about it at halftime of Wake Forest/Navy, and touched on it again in the postgame.

Just mentioned at the beginning of the Colorado State/Fresno State game, too, since Pat Hill's name was tossed around earlier this week.

Constant scroll all afternoon on ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNews, ESPNU.

bufante

Nov 27, 2006
DMI
How is this not a big deal? Basically swapping coaches with Auburn is pretty interesting and newsworthy just for the controversy behind them taking Chizik.

Great timing in my opinion.