White Sox v. Yankees at Field of Dreams

ScottyP

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 24, 2007
Urbandale, IA
I wasn't much of a Tim Anderson fan before last night, but I really enjoyed the way he approached his at bats. His defense isn't the best, but it sounds like he is really working to improve on that.

Reactions: CycoCyclone

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
Unbelievable. Words cannot express how freaking cool that experience was tonight. If you can go, go! View attachment 88042

Agree. I was along the 3rd baseline in the bleachers just at the edge of the infield. Pretty amazing, but man did they cram us in there. Very tight seating. Hit the Slim-Fast for a few months if you're planning to go next year. I heard Cubs v. Cards.

Hoggins

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 2, 2019
Agree. I was along the 3rd baseline in the bleachers just at the edge of the infield. Pretty amazing, but man did they cram us in there. Very tight seating. Hit the Slim-Fast for a few months if you're planning to go next year. I heard Cubs v. Cards.

We were supposed to sit in the bleachers, but went to walk around after the first 1.5 innings. We walked up the stairs and found out we could just stand below the press at the top of the seat back stands. Stood there for the rest of the game.

Reactions: CycoCyclone

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
I would love to know where a person could buy some of those sunset pictures.

both my parents who hardly ever stay up past 9 watched the game to the end. That’s the sign of a must watch event ;)

I am glad I didn’t have the chance to purchase tickets because I probably wouldn’t have and then I’d be kicking myself. And I’m glad that they are going to have another game but it’s almost too bad since it won’t live up to last night. But maybe regular people can attend it.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
I would love to know where a person could buy some of those sunset pictures.

both my parents who hardly ever stay up past 9 watched the game to the end. That’s the sign of a must watch event ;)

I am glad I didn’t have the chance to purchase tickets because I probably wouldn’t have and then I’d be kicking myself. And I’m glad that they are going to have another game but it’s almost too bad since it won’t live up to last night. But maybe regular people can attend it.

My wife, who hasn't watched baseball since she pretended to be interested in the Cubs World Series, watched the game intently those last few innings. While I don't see her throwing on a Marlins/D-Backs day game any time soon, I think they accomplished their intent of getting some new eyeballs on the game, which can't hurt.

Reactions: enisthemenace

MJ29

Aug 21, 2020
I married into White Sox fandom, so now they're my second favorite MLB team. They have a roster of really fun athletes, so watching the games with my husband is not a hardship. Last night's game was really well done. I think the novelty will go down a bit with subsequent games, but hopefully that just makes it more affordable for people.

Also, as @jsb said, I hope there are prints/photos available for purchase of the scene from last night. It'll be an easy Christmas/birthday/anniversary gift for me. :)

Reactions: WalkingCY and jsb

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
Listening to some national shows to hear their thoughts. Dan Patrick praised it, tuned into Rome and I defend him alot, but he's doing one of his all time worst takes ever by basically verbally craping all over it. What a ****.

• Agree
  • Winner
Reactions: 2020cy and Lineup

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
Listening to some national shows to hear their thoughts. Dan Patrick praised it, tuned into Rome and I defend him alot, but he's doing one of his all time worst takes ever by basically verbally craping all over it. What a ****.

was JUST going to say this.

Rome pretty much crapped on it but he's from SoCal. He can't relate to Iowa....not surprised. Still love Rome but yeah don't agree with him here.

• Agree
Reactions: Lineup

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
That literally makes no sense. What a dooshbag. What was even his points against it? That’s so bad that I almost wonder if that’s thing where CBS told him to take shots at it and that’s why he had to go against it.

CloneGuy8

Mar 20, 2017
was JUST going to say this.

Rome pretty much crapped on it but he's from SoCal. He can't relate to Iowa....not surprised. Still love Rome but yeah don't agree with him here.
I think he's alone on this. Listening to Chicago sports talk this morning and they all loved it

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
That literally makes no sense. What a dooshbag. What was even his points against it? That’s so bad that I almost wonder if that’s thing where CBS told him to take shots at it and that’s why he had to go against it.

He was like if it made you a little emotional good for you but he found everything too corny. His 1 major gripe was that the time Costner was wandering on the field till the players finally started coming out of the corn was way too long.