Report: OU & Texas reach out to join SEC

cyphoon

Sep 8, 2011
Went for a walk, and had these questions running through my head

1. The firestorm of Bowlsby tweets implies that there is at least one school willing to snitch on ESPN. It may have been more beneficial to leverage this spy for a while longer to build a stronger legal case. So why divulge this now? Was this timing part of a well thought out plan, or just an emotional release from the conference?

2. Is there any hope the at least 4 SEC presidents will have the integrity to look at this and decide that their institution wants no part of this backstabbing? Seems unlikely.

3. Is Bowlsby aiming his tweets directly at SEC presidents to try and entice them to question this move?

4. If you are Vandy, Arkansas, or Miss State, can you feel comfortable that OU, Texas, and everyone else won't turn around and vote you out of the conference? Texas has already said that it has a problem sharing equally with schools it feels are beneath them.

5. Would OU and Tex be subject to Freedom of Information Act requests for emails to the SEC?

H

Last edited:
Reactions: agentbear

Mesaclone1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 9, 2009
Mesa, AZ
I'd put money down that it was Jamie Pollard who let Bowlsby in on this. My guess is the AAC contacted our AD and we had no interest...and turned the material over to the boss to make it crystal clear what ESPN is up to.

• Agree
Reactions: larrysarmy

KnappShack

May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown
Went for a walk, and had these questions running through my head

1. The firestorm of Bowlsby tweets implies that there is at least one school willing to snitch on ESPN. It may have been more beneficial to leverage this spy for a while longer to build a stronger legal case. So why divulge this now? Was this timing part of a well thought out plan, or just an emotional release from the conference?

2. Is there any hope the at least 4 SEC presidents will have the integrity to look at this and decide that their institution wants no part of this backstabbing? Seems unlikely.

3. Is Bowlsby's aiming his tweets directly at SEC presidents to try and entice them to question this move?

4. If you are Vandy, Arkansas, or Miss State, can you feel comfortable that OU, Texas, and everyone else won't turn around and vote you out of the conference? Texas has already said that it has a problem sharing equally with schools it feels are beneath them.

5. Would OU and Tex be subject to Freedom of Information Act requests for emails to the SEC?

H

And someone please correct me if I'm wrong but I think the SEC doesn't have a GOR. So what's stopping the new mega powers from booting the small players sooner rather than later?

cyphoon

Sep 8, 2011

This idea died before I could post it.

• Wow
Reactions: JP4CY

qwerty

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 3, 2020
Muscatine, IA
4.8 billion plus the extra few hundred million for whatever damages. $700 million each school?
Sign me up!
I know that's impossible but I'm gonna dream about it tonight..
Plus a couple billion in punitive damages.
Now take out the attorney fees and you are left with $300 million per school. That would soften the blow for about 10 years. Realistically, if it is as damaging as it appears (Iet's hope), I could see $100+ million per team after attorney fees. We are locked in until 2025 (unless conference blows up) with lawsuit money we probably have until 2030 to have the new college landscape bulldozed and everybody sorted into their regional pods with conference power greatly diminished.

• Optimistic
Reactions: blackuniforms

CrossCyed

Mar 30, 2006

Bowlsby would not be specific, when asked which conferences he was fingering.

"Let's just said one or more are involved," he said.

Interesting that he told Randy "one or more".

Someone may also want to talk to Randy about his word choice

• Haha
  • Funny
Reactions: agentbear and 06_CY

Help Support Us

Become a patron