tOSU/Mich/Clemson/FSU to SEC?

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
Anyone thinking OSU/Mich/PSU would bolt for the SEC just needs to take a deep breath and pour themselves an adult beverage. I understand the idea of that is a nice distraction, but seriously, lol.
IDK friend. I really like you for a hawk but I think your arrogance is showing a little bit here. We didn't think so either less than three days ago.

Dr.bannedman

liberal
Aug 21, 2012
that island napoleon got sent to
Anyone thinking OSU/Mich/PSU would bolt for the SEC just needs to take a deep breath and pour themselves an adult beverage. I understand the idea of that is a nice distraction, but seriously, lol.

it would actually be the second best thing for isu. (the first being getting into big10 with all their member intact.)

iowa state is already on the outside of this. getting into the big10 is the only thing that will save at this point.

a reduced big 10 will focus them into regional partners again. no pac12 will join a poached big10.

CyGuy5

Dec 4, 2013
Kansas City
im pretty sure they run a SEC podcast focused podcast

I love their pod (Unnecessary Roughness), but it’s not an SEC exclusive pod. The hosts are Mississippi St and aTm fans but it’s a good all around CFB pod. Jack produces and inserts himself in discussion on occasion. I just don’t think he’s the one that would have this kind of info, especially when it’s not being reported anywhere else.

Reactions: Dr.bannedman

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009
If they see the SEC playing by different rules, paying kids, espn pumping them up 247, and making 2x the money... they have to think about it.

However, i suspect they will try to compete rather than bail out and join them. Thats why i think the b1g will do something significant in response to all this. Not just stand pat or add 2 teams.

Reactions: khardbored

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
IDK friend. I really like you for a hawk but I think your arrogance is showing a little bit here. We didn't think so either less than three days ago.

Not trying to be arrogant it's just a ridiculous notion. I know Iowa wouldn't be at the top of anyone's wishlist. But the SEC is an academic cesspool to the likes of Michigan, hell even to OSU and PSU. And the BTAA brings these schools $10 billion in research funding. Athletic revenue is a drop in the bucket compared to what they make on the academic side with the alliance. Just the truth.

CNECloneFan

Dec 1, 2012
tOSU Twitter pretty much shitting all over this. Here is another tweet I found interesting…

This is true. Benefits and Indirects from research grants bring in huge amounts of money to universities - and those funds are not tied to athletic departments.

Dr.bannedman

liberal
Aug 21, 2012
that island napoleon got sent to
Not trying to be arrogant it's just a ridiculous notion. I know Iowa wouldn't be at the top of anyone's wishlist. But the SEC is an academic cesspool to the likes of Michigan, hell even to OSU and PSU. And the BTAA brings these schools $10 billion in research funding. Athletic revenue is a drop in the bucket compared to what they make on the academic side with the alliance. Just the truth.

ok im going to trust you but it it comes back and you're wrong? you owe me 1 beer.

• Agree
Reactions: BWRhasnoAC

Rods79

Nov 27, 2006
Des Moines
If they see the SEC playing by different rules, paying kids, espn pumping them up 247, and making 2x the money... they have to think about it.

However, i suspect they will try to compete rather than bail out and join them. Thats why i think the b1g will do something significant in response to all this. Not just stand pat or add 2 teams.

They have the means to do all that in the same without the SEC. Agree that the B1G is thinking bigger. They reached out the PAC supposedly and have been taking digs at an expanded playoff in the news. Im thinking they are planning to form the super-conference partnership that will break the NCAA for good. SEC sets ‘em up, B1G/PAC knock them down.

Blandboy

Mar 31, 2006
Bettendorf
I wonder how you weed out the existing nobody's from the SEC? Miss, miss st, vandy, arkansas and kentucky, missouri don't belong in a league like this.

You're fixated on football; assuming these alignments still apply to basketball, as well, how do you shun Kentucky, Arkansas, Mizzou, Vandy...

• Agree

CycloneWanderer

Nov 4, 2007
Wandering
To me, this shows the difference between the programs that know they are big time and the ones who aren't. Oklahoma and Texas have talked themselves into needing the SEC because they don't think they are strong enough to support a conference (this is why people are disappointed by OU, because they should be). Ohio State doesn't need the SEC to be successful and they know it.

• Agree

CNECloneFan

Dec 1, 2012
It seems to me that an SEC super conference would need a B1G super conference to set up a playoff and eventual national championship game.

$$$

• Agree
Reactions: Rods79

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
Suddenly my Cal, UCLA, USC, Stanford prediction isn't so ridiculous. What if the B1G gobbles up all the AAU schools?

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron