The Fran fade

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
Lol that’s... not what you said? View attachment 85088
Only point I'm trying to make is there is no way he could transfer to another Power Conference school and have a featured role like he does for the Hawks. He is not good, a defensive liability, and really does not do anything at an extremely high level, including shoot 3's which is supposedly his specialty. I even said above that he could go play at a Va Tech type school like Cordell Pemsl if he was ok with being a back of rotation player.

It is all a moot point. He plays for Fran and he gets to play a lot, because he has been loyal to the program and is bff with the coach's kid(s).

baagoe

Mar 27, 2015
Only point I'm trying to make is there is no way he could transfer to another Power Conference school and have a featured role like he does for the Hawks. He is not good, a defensive liability, and really does not do anything at an extremely high level, including shoot 3's which is supposedly his specialty. I even said above that he could go play at a Va Tech type school like Cordell Pemsl if he was ok with being a back of rotation player.

It is all a moot point. He plays for Fran and he gets to play a lot, because he has been loyal to the program and is bff with the coach's kid(s).
No power-conference schools would have. Maybe MO Valley or lower.

usedcarguy

Apr 12, 2008
Ames
Iowa being the ideal situation for J-Bo doesn't make him anymore valuable, it just proves that Fran is an incredibly lazy recruiter. Sure other P6 schools would recruit him out of the portal but his role would be incredibly small. I don't care if he scores 20, he's probably responsible for at least that much on the other end of the court.

IDK about lazy, but certainly not very good at it.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
I can’t stand the POS hok but you tried to change the narrative completely after you got called out. Just admit you were wrong and move on.
Absolutely not. I stand by what I said. No power conference school would be knocking on his door. He could inquire or use a connection to get a P6 spot somewhere like CJ did, but the line to get him would not be long, and it would be, like I said, your Summit, Mac and MVC level squads. It is ridiculously dumb that @baagoe has turned this into a thing. Jorbo gets run through the ringer on this site daily, and deservedly so. It's a running joke in here to rag on him. You don't like it, stay out of the ISR pages, or better yet, go post on the hawks trash forums.

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
Absolutely not. I stand by what I said. No power conference school would be knocking on his door. He could inquire or use a connection to get a P6 spot somewhere like CJ did, but the line to get him would not be long, and it would be, like I said, your Summit, Mac and MVC level squads. It is ridiculously dumb that @baagoe has turned this into a thing. Jorbo gets run through the ringer on this site daily, and deservedly so. It's a running joke in here to rag on him. You don't like it, stay out of the ISR pages, or better yet, go post on the hawks trash forums.

No power-conference schools would have. Maybe MO Valley or lower.

baagoe

Mar 27, 2015
Lol whatever dude Jorbo isn’t a hill worth dying on but if you’re gonna troll at least be consistent

Reactions: CyTwins

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
Lol whatever dude Jorbo isn’t a hill worth dying on but if you’re gonna troll at least be consistent
You told me to relent a little, take off the cardinal and gold glasses. I tried to be nice. You decided to start something, I'm not sure why.

• Creative
Reactions: baagoe

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Two things can be true.. Playing at Iowa and for Fran has allowed Jordan the luxury of seeing minutes he’d likely never see anywhere else at the P5 level. Jordan is a good enough 3 point shooter to see the floor at P5 schools not named Iowa.

Now, if we truly want to make fun of Iowa / a player on their roster.. There is literally a guy that got asked to come back and help them out who was struggling at the D3 level lol.

trevn

LIV Tour DJ
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
Eastern Iowa
Playing at Iowa and for Fran has allowed Jordan the luxury of seeing minutes he’d likely never see anywhere else at the P5 level. Jordan is a good enough 3 point shooter to see the floor at P5 schools not named Iowa.

This. He can shoot well enough, he'd get playing time at most P5 level schools. How many minutes would he get? Depends on the situation. In his current situation at Iowa, he likely would not see more minutes anywhere else at the P5 level.

• Agree
Reactions: Statefan10

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009
Kentucky wouldn't want him but he would definitely have P6 interest as a shooter off the bench

This is the right answer. He's a poor man's Brady Heslip. A very, very poor man. 10-15 mpg, run him off 5,000 screens to get him shots. It's handy to have a guy like that come off the bench, especially late game where you are behind.

Just because Fran misused and overused him doesn't mean he couldn't be useful.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron