Kylie Feuerbach in transfer portal

Sobchakcyclone

Feb 8, 2010
Bowling Alley
You said pretty much exactly what I was going to. Strictly from a basketball perspective it's not really going to hurt much at all, IMO. She averaged 5 pts, 3 rebs, and less than 1 assist per game, shot 27% from 3, 36% from the field. Our 5th-6th best player this year and likely would be for the next couple years too. Very replaceable and I don't think she was ever going to be the focal point of the offense in her career here so I don't think it's worth freaking out about. I get the frustration that she's going to our biggest rival but the production isn't a big loss by any means

I felt this way when hearing she was transferring. Not only that, not a great free throw shooter for a "slasher", what 60 something %? Some kids just think they deserve a bigger part of the pie.

• Useful
  • Agree
Reactions: cyputz and ISU71

CyclonesFan4ever

Jan 10, 2021
Ames
As a fan of Star Wars, I think this Yoda's quote resonates with what's on a lot of Cyclone fans' mind about KF's decision.
There's no coming back once she chooses the dark side.

561ds1.jpg

Last edited:

CySmurf

Jul 14, 2011
This is equivalent to releasing a virus into the Borg. I hope she destroys the chemistry on that team from the inside much better than she did from the outside. (A Fan perspective)

• Optimistic
Reactions: GTO

hiltonisheaven

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Ankeny
I still think there must have been some really bad chemistry with the coaches or her teammates. She’ll not be gifted any more minutes at EIU so I don’t think it’s about PT. We’ll miss her athleticism. If she can
improve her shooting numbers and work on her tendency to travel with the ball she has the tools to be a really good player.

Reactions: BoxsterCy

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
Well it certainly won't be like the yr Haluska came back to Hilton. If I remember right Haluska and Pierce the rapist were both on Iowa's team that yr, It made for some great chants started by the students and up in the balcony.

Surprised when she transferred, disappointed she went to Iowa.

"No means no!" Was a great one every time PP was at the FT line. Imagine the outrage of letting him stay on the team would be now compared to back then.

hoosman

Sep 4, 2006
Davenport
Doesn’t make sense to start over at a higher level program and probably see no increase in playing time. My guess is there is some resentment with teammates or coaches.

• Informative
Reactions: aauummm

kcdc4isu

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 2, 2009
west of dm east of cb
You said pretty much exactly what I was going to. Strictly from a basketball perspective it's not really going to hurt much at all, IMO. She averaged 5 pts, 3 rebs, and less than 1 assist per game, shot 27% from 3, 36% from the field. Our 5th-6th best player this year and likely would be for the next couple years too. Very replaceable and I don't think she was ever going to be the focal point of the offense in her career here so I don't think it's worth freaking out about. I get the frustration that she's going to our biggest rival but the production isn't a big loss by any means

She did lead the team in TO's but as you noted was in the top 5 in starts,rebs,assts, and 6th in points. Eith the transfer we picked up we have an even better defender. On thing from this I never realized we had so many hawk fens who now are posting on the women's site.

Reactions: Blackhawk6515

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque
I don't blame her for transferring. But going to our biggest (and in-state) rival is a big f*ck you to the fans who supported her.

IMO people need to get over the fact that Kylie transferred to Iowa. It's her life to live and I'm sure her thought process DID NOT include how to piss off random angry Cyclone fans. If going to Iowa makes her happy from a school and basketball standpoint- more power to Kylie.

I would be willing to bet 90% of Cyclone fans know someone who attended both schools.

NEICyFan

Feb 10, 2011
I felt this way when hearing she was transferring. Not only that, not a great free throw shooter for a "slasher", what 60 something %? Some kids just think they deserve a bigger part of the pie.

I wouldn’t get too caught up in the stats. Based on her size and athleticism she should develop into a good player. She already been a contributor on a good team as a freshman.

Based on the team she went to it is completely obvious “part of the pie” isn’t the issue. Not to mention the deafening silence in her tweet. Not every player is a fit in every program. There are often things that go on and relationships this just don’t get fostered. Is anyone at fault for that? Not always.

Reactions: NWICY

Yellow Snow

Full of nonsense....
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 19, 2006
Osage, IA
IMO people need to get over the fact that Kylie transferred to Iowa. It's her life to live and I'm sure her thought process DID NOT include how to piss off random angry Cyclone fans. If going to Iowa makes her happy from a school and basketball standpoint- more power to Kylie.

I would be willing to bet 90% of Cyclone fans know someone who attended both schools.

Well, my daughter went to Iowa and I didn't disown her. Maybe I should have? :)

annieam

Apr 12, 2021
I think it'll be interesting to see how she fits into the Iowa system and how she develops over the next 3 years.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I think it'll be interesting to see how she fits into the Iowa system and how she develops over the next 3 years.
Or maybe 4 years since she still has four to play.

Not directed at who I responded to now, just giving my opinion and not making another new post.

This is why I think the whole Twitter announcements are dumb. You want to leave, leave. You want to transfer to Iowa, transfer to Iowa; it doesn’t affect 99.9% of the people. It affects you, your future team and your prior team; players and coaches, that’s it. If fans get upset so be it, part of becoming an adult. Make decisions and not care what people who don’t matter to you think. It’s your life.

Saying that, if she gets booed at Hilton so be it, fans can dislike the decision. Why are both sides supposed to like each decision. It’s her right and decision to transfer and it’s fans rights and decisions to not like players rights and decisions to transfer.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
She can definitely do whatever she feels is best for her..... but she also HAS to know how she's going to be treated by nearly half of this state too. Doesn't make it right, but it's the truth.

• Winner
Reactions: GT25Ump and GTO

CyclonesFan4ever

Jan 10, 2021
Ames
After riding all the excitement from our MBB and WBB program (Lipsey and Diew's commitments), the weekend comes as sour as it could get with KF's decision to go to the dark side. I had to let it sink in for a while before I could post some logical thoughts.

1) Our loyal WBB fanbase is usually very classy when a player departs from the program. We appreciate her contribution and wish her well in the future. Even after Kylie posted her decision on Twitter, there's hardly any single negative reply from the CyclONEnation. But it's still way overboard.

2) This ISU--->UI transfer thing rarely happens (has it happened in our WBB program during CBF's tenure?). It's so few because there's a moral code out there that forbids this kind of transfer. The players know it. Yes Kylie might be happy that she thought she's in a "better" place but her "happiness" has put our die-hard WBB fans who supported and appreciated her into misery. As a third-generation Cyclone in the family, she should've known this a lot better.

3) Kylie might be the person who made the final decision but I can bet there's a lot of influence in her close circle pushing her over the edge and making her commit to the "enemy".

4) The Kylie and Diew's transfers happened almost at the same time means it has been brewing long before it went public. The coaching staff knew it and has had a replacement player ready. Please check Diew's Twitter page as she retweeted Kylie's transfer out of ISU statement on April 6 and later tweeted her transferring out of Butler statement on the same day. By comparing the stats of both players, I think Diew will be a better player ISU needs in the wing position, especially on the defensive end.

Nyamer Diew Statistics (from HerHoopStats)

PER GAME

%iles | Ranks | None
SEASONTEAMGGSMINPTSFGMFGAFG%2PM2PA2P%3PM3PA3P%FTMFTAFT%ORBDRBTRBASTTOVSTLBLKPF
2020-21Butler16
45%
64%
47%
37%
32%
35%
36.4%
35%
27%
28%
39.0%
28%
61%
57%
33.3%
65%
47%
39%
80.0%
81%
26%
50%
40%
36%
74%
51%
96%
86%

Kylie Feuerbach Statistics (from HerHoopStats)

PER GAME

%iles | Ranks | None
SEASONTEAMGGSMINPTSFGMFGAFG%2PM2PA2P%3PM3PA3P%FTMFTAFT%ORBDRBTRBASTTOVSTLBLKPF
2020-21Iowa St.28
98%
94%
43%
39%
42%
45%
36.0%
33%
42%
41%
42.6%
42%
58%
61%
27.1%
29%
29%
30%
64.3%
31%
36%
50%
45%
26%
67%
30%
70%
64%

5) The Cyhawk game in Dec. 2021 will be the most anticipated game in recent memories. This will be the most important game for the rest of the year 2021. This is a "MUST WIN' for ISU. I'm sure there will be extra motivation for our players and coaching staff. Kylie, are you ready to taste the other side of "Hilton Magic"?

6) After the news of Kylie transferring out broke, some fans wanted CBF to post a "thank you" statement in public as he did to Middle Wise. I'm glad he didn't. As a matter of fact, CBF being so classy that he allows Kylie to transfer to any school of her choice is the biggest "thank you" note to her.

Last edited:

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota

It's not that different a system. Just a a bit more on the extremes than ISU's offense focused system. They play even better offense and even worse defense than ISU, like A offense and F defense. We play the basic same system except at a B+ level offense and C- level defense. Not particularly long and athletic, shoot lots of threes. Primary difference is they have had better luck recruiting scoring posts. To get past the Sweet Sixteen they know they need to step up the their defense and Bluder has as much acknowledged that.

Nor are the programs at much different levels. Both have longtime coaches that have won a million games. Both are upper half of a P6 league with both leagues being topped by a perennial Final Four team. We've gone from the home team winning by a wide margin in the rivalry game to every game being close. If Feuerbach had stayed here she'd be playing with the likely Big 12 POY for 2021, at Iowa she'll be playing aside the likely Big 10 POY for 2021. They have a pretty good class coming in that addresses needs (athletes and length). We have a decent class coming in that addresses needs (posts) and have a promising pickup in from the portal. Both fan bases should be somewhat optimistic.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron