Spencer Petras vs Zach Wilson

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
While I agree with that, Stanley made the biggest play of that game (other than the punt) and Purdy had an opportunity to win it and didn’t.

Not sure I would be willing to push my chips all in on a performance by a Sophomore QB playing behind a patch work offensive line but you do you.

• Agree
Reactions: Statefan10

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
While I agree with that, Stanley made the biggest play of that game (other than the punt) and Purdy had an opportunity to win it and didn’t.
Okay! Lol your point over who is better does not change. You’re comparing a senior QB to a sophomore QB using data from one single game. And not even statistics within that game. You’re using win / loss, which although matters, it does not tell you who actually played better.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
I’m saying the #5 overall CB started...
1. Ojemudia
2. Hankins
3. Moss
4. Brents
5. Johnson
Lol and Purdy couldn’t take advantage
Didn’t both our TD’s come on long passing plays? And didn’t we pick apart the Iowa defense all game long but failed to put up points in the red zone because Iowa’s defense was very good in that area? We also didn’t even have a run game at all as Breece was still getting his feet under himself...

Nate STANley

Feb 4, 2021
Okay! Lol your point over who is better does not change. You’re comparing a senior QB to a sophomore QB using data from one single game. And not even statistics within that game. You’re using win / loss, which although matters, it does not tell you who actually played better.
I’m not saying Stanley is better lol. But the gap between him and Purdy isn’t humongous like everyone says.

Nate STANley

Feb 4, 2021
Didn’t both our TD’s come on long passing plays? And didn’t we pick apart the Iowa defense all game long but failed to put up points in the red zone because Iowa’s defense was very good in that area? We also didn’t even have a run game at all as Breece was still getting his feet under himself...
A trick play and a play that the freshman corner got lost. If Hankins starts ISU might’ve put up 3 points like they did in 2018...

• Haha
Reactions: VeloClone

Expert

Mar 4, 2021

Both TD's were long pass plays at our fifth best corner. One was the double pass and the other was really early in the 3rd quarter off play action.

Other than the 2 TD drives, here are the drives for the ISU offense that day. ISU ran 5 plays all game inside Iowa's red zone and they were all on the same drive that ended with a FG.

6 plays, 29 yards, punt
7 plays, 32 yards, punt
5 plays, 22 yards, fumble lost by Purdy
8 plays, 45 yards, punt
3 plays, 0 yards, punt
13 plays, 66 yards, FG
6 plays, 36 yards, turnover on downs at the Iowa 39

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
I’m not saying Stanley is better lol. But the gap between him and Purdy isn’t humongous like everyone says.

This is exactly what you think of Stanley. Why would you his name for a username then?
If it was a 40 yard dash, I'm pretty sure the Purdy would smoke Stanley.

1617976199696.png

RezClone

Mar 2, 2013
Pine Ridge Indian Reservation, SD
A trick play and a play that the freshman corner got lost. If Hankins starts ISU might’ve put up 3 points like they did in 2018...
A game where ISU moved the ball at will without Breece Hall. The trick play worked because ISU was getting 7 yards a pop and Iowa had it's hands full stopping our base offense with their base defense. If Breece Hall wasn't two games into his career and allowed to Breece Hall it would have been worse. Iowa somehow escaping the onslaught largely unscathed is not unheard of under Ferentz, but it's kind of a weird flex to hang your hat on getting out gained handily and winning on a few lucky breaks. But hey, that's Iowa for ya. ISU has only gotten better in every way except kicking with a much higher ceiling. Iowa is still languishing in mediocrity, stale, and basic with underwhelming talent. All things equal you are outclassed. Only a matter of time until things shake out as they are destined to. Cyclone fans wouldn't trade places with Hawkeye fans going forward for anything right now, and if you disagree you are kidding yourself.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron