Spencer Petras vs Zach Wilson

frackincygy

Jul 13, 2015
If ISU was “Big Brother” They’d be on the longest multi-sport losing streak in the history of big brothers. LOL
Deflect and defend - classic. However, you didn't answer my question... Why the burning desire to constantly keep tabs on what the Cyclones are doing?

I can honestly say, I've never typed the URL for HR into my browser, never used a search engine to locate it, the only time I MIGHT have dipped a toe in that cesspool is through a redirect link posted on this site.

Made my skin crawl and my IQ drop so I've never made that mistake again.

In the end you do you boo - we know you're a closet Cyclone for all the interest you take in the Iowa State AD ;)

• Agree
Reactions: usedcarguy

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
The greatest quarterback in Iowa State history put up 17 points against Iowa’s 5th string redshirt freshman DB and lost. Choked on the final drive. Brutal.
That’s a bit simplistic. Purdy’s only played in one Iowa State-Iowa game and he played solid but not perfect.

Nate STANley

Feb 4, 2021
That’s a bit simplistic. Purdy’s only played in one Iowa State-Iowa game and he played solid but not perfect.
I can’t imagine in Purdy’s first start he would’ve played well at Iowa against that defense though. My point is that Iowa State should have beaten Iowa in 2019 if Purdy is that much better than Stanley was.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
I can’t imagine in Purdy’s first start he would’ve played well at Iowa against that defense though. My point is that Iowa State should have beaten Iowa in 2019 if Purdy is that much better than Stanley was.
Oh I agree as a true freshman that would’ve been a tough as for him to go and win that game. But he didn’t play in it..

And you’re being way too simplistic lol. A QB can 100% be a deciding factor in the outcomes in games, but they’re not the only position playing throughout the game. You’re also boiling down Brock to one possession his sophomore year.

I just think it’s silly comparing QB’s by their one head to head against one another. Lol I mean I’m pretty sure Tom Brady is far better than Nick Foles but I believe Brady has a losing record against Foles. The true way to determine who’s better would be individual statistics and accolades.

TRYHARDER

Aug 23, 2019
Deflect and defend - classic. However, you didn't answer my question... Why the burning desire to constantly keep tabs on what the Cyclones are doing?

I can honestly say, I've never typed the URL for HR into my browser, never used a search engine to locate it, the only time I MIGHT have dipped a toe in that cesspool is through a redirect link posted on this site.

Made my skin crawl and my IQ drop so I've never made that mistake again.

In the end you do you boo - we know you're a closet Cyclone for all the interest you take in the Iowa State AD ;)
deflect and defend????? thats not what that was. How about this. There is more Hawkeye discussion here than there is on HR a lot of days. It's the the amount of Cyclone fans keeping tabs of the Hawkeyes that brings me here. There really isn't a lot to keeps tabs on. You have a good football team at the moment and after that.........well you know.

Expert

Mar 4, 2021
Oh I agree as a true freshman that would’ve been a tough as for him to go and win that game. But he didn’t play in it..

And you’re being way too simplistic lol. A QB can 100% be a deciding factor in the outcomes in games, but they’re not the only position playing throughout the game. You’re also boiling down Brock to one possession his sophomore year.

I just think it’s silly comparing QB’s by their one head to head against one another. Lol I mean I’m pretty sure Tom Brady is far better than Nick Foles but I believe Brady has a losing record against Foles. The true way to determine who’s better would be individual statistics and accolades.

This is really well said, especially the last part, which is why the Garza/Niang thread is silly.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
How many people are well connected and have an actual source in the UI AD and how many are just pulling **** from an Iowa message board?
I have a great source for Iowa wrestling, don't see him as much as I used to so it is harder to keep up, but it is a very solid one. Better than anything I have at ISU now.

Reactions: Expert

Nate STANley

Feb 4, 2021
First off Purdy is the greatest QB in the state of Iowa's history and no way you were down 8 starting DBs and we're on your 5th string guy
Ojemudia was the #1 CB. Hankins, Moss, and Brents were all injured. D.J. Johnson started.

ClockHawk69

Mar 18, 2021
Iowa
First off Purdy is the greatest QB in the state of Iowa's history

no way you were down 8 starting DBs and we're on your 5th string guy
False

Just off the top of my head: Hankins, Merriweather, Brents, and Moss were the only DB’s hurt, but we were down multiple players. Brady Reiff, Alaric Jackson, Cole Banwart, and Sargent were all dealing with injuries.

Nate STANley

Feb 4, 2021

While I agree with that, Stanley made the biggest play of that game (other than the punt) and Purdy had an opportunity to win it and didn’t.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Ojemudia was the #1 CB. Hankins, Moss, and Brents were all injured. D.J. Johnson started.

Why didn't Ojemudias backup just move over opposite of him instead of having the 5th string guy on the other side play? You could have went 2nd string instead. Great coaching Kirk!

Nate STANley

Feb 4, 2021
Why didn't Ojemudias backup just move over opposite of him instead of having the 5th string guy on the other side play? You could have went 2nd string instead. Great coaching Kirk!
I’m saying the #5 overall CB started...
1. Ojemudia
2. Hankins
3. Moss
4. Brents
5. Johnson
Lol and Purdy couldn’t take advantage

Expert

Mar 4, 2021

That is what happened. Go to the last page of the games notes.

Johnson is listed as the backup to Ojemudia and Hankins was listed as the starter opposite of Ojemudia but never played. Brents and Moss weren't even listed on the 2 deeps that week because of injuries.

frackincygy

Jul 13, 2015
deflect and defend????? thats not what that was. How about this. There is more Hawkeye discussion here than there is on HR a lot of days. It's the the amount of Cyclone fans keeping tabs of the Hawkeyes that brings me here. There really isn't a lot to keeps tabs on. You have a good football team at the moment and after that.........well you know.
And here I've been lead to believe that the Cyclone fans on CF don't have legit EIU AD sources... now they're better than the Hoks own? Interesting.

Help Support Us

Become a patron