Kylie Feuerbach in transfer portal

Tornado man

Sep 16, 2007
Ames, IA
Not sure if the AAU peeps are just trolling or not but, man, the meltdown here would be EPIC! :oops:
Well they're AAU parents who know her parents - but who knows. I'm sure she'll have a lot of choices.
I know she has friends who were on the AIA team with her - like Clark, Megan Meyer, etc. This is kinda bizarre because her dad Steve is the biggest Cyclone fan there is.

Last edited:
Reactions: qwerty

cycloneworld

Facebook Knows All
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2006
Urbandale, IA
So if you win you can be that type of coach? 706 wins is not enough?

That's a player decision. But I can see how, if I were a player, I might be able to put up with more from my coach if we were winning conference and national titles. But others may not share that.

Bill Fennelly has been amazing and what he has done here has been crazy good. But no one should compare him to Geno, Pat Summit, and others, in my opinion.

• Agree
Reactions: casey1973

ISU40

Jan 8, 2012
Ames
We've talked about it in the context of Feurbach, but how about Rae Johnson? Ryan was great, but she was undoubtedly allowed to play through her mistakes. Rae always got the quickest of quick hooks, just as you've described here.
I was waiting for someone to bring up Rae. I used to think the same thing with her about being pulled but one moment this year changed my tune.
I believe it was the Texas tourney game, Rae missed two free throws. Shortly after was a media timeout. I was watching to see her get chewed out, but what I saw was Coach Fen put his arm around her and pat her shoulder.

We don't get to see everything or really much of anything. Every time someone leaves, we as fans feel like we need to place blame. When really we will never know. My take is always the player's choice and what is best for them, their family and their future.
I wish Kylie nothing but the best and will cheer for her no matter what (unless she goes to the dark side of the state and then the gloves come off)

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I personally cringe when coaches lose control like Bill does sometimes, Fran at EIU, and many, many others. If a manager where I worked behaved that way they would be offered training and a chance to fix their behavior but eventually they would be fired for this behavior. Especially if the manager was losing talented employees. Why should coaching be any different?
Question if you ever dealt with main line sales people. I worked with a few who showed up late, would take naps during work, hit on the female customers, the list was long; but they could sell like nobodies business. The owners just said, they were crappy co-workers but they produced. Would you rather have bills results or Prohms results. I don’t know many businesses that are put on the clock for a short amount of time and those pressure packed results are to determine your fate.

I would prefer we have calmer coaches, but also understand that comparing the average business employee to a coach is apples and oranges for many situations.

Reactions: Jnecker4cy

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Not sure whether BF will allow it

He has no say in that. NCAA stopped allowing coaches to block students from transferring to specific schools three years ago

NCAA:
giphy.gif

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Can’t restrict but can make them sit a year.

Nope, they are required to place the players name into the portal within 2 days of a request and after that they have no role**. Conferences can still place restrictions on within conference transfers but I don't think the Big 12 does anymore (Gray last year, OSU to Tech and immediately eligible). Anyway, any conference rule is void for a transfer outside the conference. The whole sit or not sit-out is totally between the new school's ability to get a waiver from the NCAA.

**Edit: By no role, I mean they can't restrict or interfere. They can certainly assist finding a landing spot if they are asked and want to.

Last edited:

cyclone13

Apr 7, 2009
I hope she doesn’t go to the dark side. But i recall someone mentioned that the reason Clark not joining us was she didn’t gel with our players during recruiting trip.
One EIU fan mentioned too that she is a little bit “high maintenance” - probably deservedly so considering what she has achieved but the other side of this is: if Kylie goes there, she will be in the same situation again that everything will flow through Clark

hiltonisheaven

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Ankeny
Question if you ever dealt with main line sales people. I worked with a few who showed up late, would take naps during work, hit on the female customers, the list was long; but they could sell like nobodies business. The owners just said, they were crappy co-workers but they produced. Would you rather have bills results or Prohms results. I don’t know many businesses that are put on the clock for a short amount of time and those pressure packed results are to determine your fate.

I would prefer we have calmer coaches, but also understand that comparing the average business employee to a coach is apples and oranges for many situations.
Yes, I have dealt with talented sales people who are not great teammates. But those people generally don’t get to be the regional manager/director ect where they’re leading people. That’s where it seems coaching is different.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
I'm gonna throw up if Kylie goes to Iowa.

Bluder already runs a better program than Bill.... and that will only get worse if Kylie goes there.

acoustimac

Jan 8, 2009
Lamoni, IA
I was waiting for someone to bring up Rae. I used to think the same thing with her about being pulled but one moment this year changed my tune.
I believe it was the Texas tourney game, Rae missed two free throws. Shortly after was a media timeout. I was watching to see her get chewed out, but what I saw was Coach Fen put his arm around her and pat her shoulder.

We don't get to see everything or really much of anything. Every time someone leaves, we as fans feel like we need to place blame. When really we will never know. My take is always the player's choice and what is best for them, their family and their future.
I wish Kylie nothing but the best and will cheer for her no matter what (unless she goes to the dark side of the state and then the gloves come off)

best response to the entire thread.

CapnCy

Jul 6, 2010

Bluder already runs a better program than Bill.... and that will only get worse if Kylie goes there.

I had the same feeling...BUT, i also could see how for her it'd be a good program....and logistics, her family could cut their travel time in half for attending games.

Cyfan1965

Nov 9, 2016
Iowa

Lisa Bluder goes apoplectic when anyone mentions how many people watch WBB games in Hilton.

farm85

Mar 23, 2016
Flekkefjord, Norway
Interesting article about how the new transfer rule is impacting teams.
"Officials from every walk of college sports believe players are entering the transfer portal under the impression that the one-time exception is an easy way to find immediate playing time or to elevate their situation in some way. Oftentimes, that’s not happening".

I haven't read this entire thread. It doesn't do any good to speculate why a player is transferring. The new rule makes it "easier" since they don't have to "sit out" for a season. There are lots of other factors for the players to consider (credits transferring, school appropriate for their area of study, "starting over" with a new team as well as college, etc.) Not an easy decision for a young person & their families.

I was saddened (jealously) to hear about Kylie's decision, but it is hers to make. As an ISU fan, I thank her for first choosing to be a Cyclone & wish her the best. It really stinks that she didn't have to the opportunity to experience Hilton Magic with a "full crowd."

P.S Hopefully the AAU rumor isn't accurate because who would want to be KF at that place? lol

Last edited:

qwerty

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 3, 2020
Muscatine, IA
Well they're AAU parents who know her parents - but who knows. I'm sure she'll have a lot of choices.
I know she has friends who were on the AIA team with her - like Clark, Megan Meyer, etc. This is kinda bizarre because her dad Steve is the biggest Cyclone fan there is.
Yeah, Steve is a good guy and great Cyclone.

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
Interesting article about how the new transfer rule is impacting teams.
"Officials from every walk of college sports believe players are entering the transfer portal under the impression that the one-time exception is an easy way to find immediate playing time or to elevate their situation in some way. Oftentimes, that’s not happening".

I haven't read this entire thread. It doesn't do any good to speculate why a player is transferring. The new rule makes it "easier" since they don't have to "sit out" for a season. There are lots of other factors for the players to consider (credits transferring, school appropriate for their area of study, "starting over" with a new team as well as college, etc.) Not an easy decision for a young person & their families.

Could be worse. Could be Syracuse: