Bolton is now officially in Portal as expected.

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007

I don't remember too much of the reason why he left, after the TX game, other than it might have been stated he had to take care of some "issues". Then it seemed like the conjecture was some kind of drugs? More to the story I'm sure.

Looks a bit of a male divo/prima donna, look-at-me kind of guy. I remember kind of liking his hair though.

He might have been on the chopping block to getting to the 5 star culture?

RustShack

Chiefs Dynasty
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 27, 2010
Overland Park
I find it hard to believe TJ and Prohm had anything to talk about before Prohm was fired.

You don’t have a grasp of reality if you think coaches don’t talk to each other, especially coaches who have worked together.

dafarmer

Mar 17, 2012
SW Iowa
Maybe it is as simple as Bolton has graduated and wants to be on a tournament quality team. After talking with TJ and seeing the probability (100%) that ISU won't be eligible, they mutually agreed that the best was for him to enter the transfer portal. Nothing more, nothing less. We should congratulate him on his degree and thank him for his years as a cyclone!

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Well that hit the nail completely on the head. How far we have come. To be fair his choice of wardrobe and play pales in comparison to the atrocity that was on the side of the helmets that night.

It was the perfect mix of all sorts of things that needed changing.

Reactions: CycloneVet

CyLyte2

Dec 3, 2020
You don’t have a grasp of reality if you think coaches don’t talk to each other, especially coaches who have worked together.
You don't have a grasp of reality if you think TJ was talking to the guy he was going to replace. Yes coaches talk. Without even knowing I'd wager TJ was NOT calling Prohm and any communication between Prohm and Fred was minimal and any talk about it was just spin to make the fans feel better.

RustShack

Chiefs Dynasty
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 27, 2010
Overland Park
You don't have a grasp of reality if you think TJ was talking to the guy he was going to replace. Yes coaches talk. Without even knowing I'd wager TJ was NOT calling Prohm and any communication between Prohm and Fred was minimal and any talk about it was just spin to make the fans feel better.

Well Prohms talks with Fred were at least a year before he replaced him. And some obviously after. I’m not saying TJ was calling Prohm a week before he was fired, but you can try to spin it however you want to fit your fantasy land narrative.

Reactions: CYEATHAWK

CyLyte2

Dec 3, 2020
Well Prohms talks with Fred were at least a year before he replaced him. And some obviously after. I’m not saying TJ was calling Prohm a week before he was fired, but you can try to spin it however you want to fit your fantasy land narrative.
This makes me laugh. TJ could glean nothing from Prohm. They weren’t friends. But he called to say hi. Lol

cyfanbr

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 13, 2013
IL
Sure feels like people are taking this way too literally. I highly doubt TJ got all the remaining players together except for Bolton and asked for a vote to decide his future, Survivor style. I think there is much more likelihood that TJ spoke with each player individually and Boltons name came up negatively in multiple conversations along with TJ's own conversations with him and the input from D-Rob and Micah probably all contributed to the decision to move on from Bolton. Anyone who thinks that it was left completely up to the players to decide Bolton's fate needs to take a step back and think about it for a minute.
Should this even surprise us? This is the same board where a bunch of people thought one of the assistant coaches was literally gonna drive from and to Cedar Falls everyday.