Bolton is now officially in Portal as expected.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
Sure feels like people are taking this way too literally. I highly doubt TJ got all the remaining players together except for Bolton and asked for a vote to decide his future, Survivor style. I think there is much more likelihood that TJ spoke with each player individually and Boltons name came up negatively in multiple conversations along with TJ's own conversations with him and the input from D-Rob and Micah probably all contributed to the decision to move on from Bolton. Anyone who thinks that it was left completely up to the players to decide Bolton's fate needs to take a step back and think about it for a minute.

What do you have to say about the rumors that TJ and Blackwell played rock/paper/scissors to see if he could come back? I heard Harris couldn't come back after he lost to TJ in Chinese Checkers.

CyLyte2

Dec 3, 2020
What do you have to say about the rumors that TJ and Blackwell played rock/paper/scissors to see if he could come back? I heard Harris couldn't come back after he lost to TJ in Chinese Checkers.
"Hey Dudley, lets roshambo for your schollie" :p

CycloneVet

Jul 17, 2011
Cedar Falls
It would be in the vault of cringeworthy never to be spoken about moments but the fact remains ISU has largely been in a better place since that debacle so maybe it needed to happen and it can be funny.

I won't post it again but Texas's version of WRNL did a great write up about it including gifs of JP finding the camera a couple of times.

Despite it being a bad memory you are exactly right. He was the first known casualty of the installation of the 5 star culture.

That being said if anyone has a picture of that ******* from that night please share, it makes me laugh everytime. Nothing says trash like Cross necklaces made in high school metals class.

Reactions: t-noah

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Despite it being a bad memory you are exactly right. He was the first known casualty of the installation of the 5 star culture.

That being said if anyone has a picture of that ******* from that night please share, it makes me laugh everytime. Nothing says trash like Cross necklaces made in high school metals class.

CyNews

Mar 19, 2021
Chris Williams, Why not more on this? I believe we are missing info about a player who seemed like he wanted to stay.

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
LOL, we are an imaginative lot! Nice

RustShack

Chiefs Dynasty
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 27, 2010
Overland Park
The voted off the island isn’t being taken way too literally.
TJ met with everyone on the team, and obviously his staff retained. Even talked with Prohm multiple times before he was even let go(coaches talk to each other, see Prohm talking to Fred while Fred was still here). When players, staff, current/former HC say the same thing individually about a player/teammate... it’s probably real and in this case a problem. Especially for a team in complete rebuild mode trying to first get a winning team mentality in place.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011

In all it's glory. Yep, it's ragging on an ISU player but he just has the look of someone who officially went off the edge that night.

Didn't want to post it here but oh well.

• Funny
Reactions: NWICY

CyLyte2

Dec 3, 2020
In all it's glory. Yep, it's ragging on an ISU player but he just has the look of someone who officially went off the edge that night.

The sad part is a bunch of ISU fans thought he was just a fabulous QB because of all that too. He was terrible. Not even close to being a Big 12 QB and the fact someone made him captain still astounds me today. Whoever that was I hope they learned something.

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
I'm tired of college kids who attend class full-time and also give so much of their time to their respective sports being run down by pure speculation in order for a handful of posters to come across as "in-the-know".
I appreciate you explaining your thought process.

That said, I think it’s only fair to point out that the person you’re throwing under the bus as pretending to be “in the know” in this case is CF’s founder, Jeremy.

I don’t think he has any need to feel important by pretending to be “in the know”.

• Agree
Reactions: t-noah

RustShack

Chiefs Dynasty
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 27, 2010
Overland Park
So TJ had a bunch of conversations with Prohm before Prohm was fired?

They worked together previously, pretty common to keep contact especially in coaching. TJ literally recruited Grill here after having him committed to him at South Dakota after taking the UNLV job.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
So TJ had a bunch of conversations with Prohm before Prohm was fired?

Wouldn’t be surprised if they talked. Steve’s a good guy, and as much as CF wants the CBB coaching world to be Gladiator combat it’s just not.

CycloneVet

Jul 17, 2011
Cedar Falls

Well that hit the nail completely on the head. How far we have come. To be fair his choice of wardrobe and play pales in comparison to the atrocity that was on the side of the helmets that night.

IsUaClone2

May 12, 2006
Northville, MI
So we’re paying coaches millions of dollars but 17 and 18 year-olds are making the personnel decisions. Okay, got it.
Sounds like we are also letting them make personnel decisions

This discussion reminds me of when they introduced "Participative Management" to the corporate world in the 80's. Several managers came out of the training sessions thinking they were supposed to get their employees to make nearly all of the decisions; generally by voting.

One of the managers, however, straightened it out in a simple manner by saying "I am the manager, I make the decisions. Participative Management means that I am responsible to get any available and relevant information from my employees before I make the decision."

Regardless of how TJ got the information: by vote, interview with each player, feedback from others around the program; it looks like he is using all available information and that's a good thing.

Reactions: Aclone