This guy has to be coming to Ames right?

CyOps

Jul 12, 2010
Lincoln
Jenkins also struggled defensively and did not move the ball as willingly as Otzelberger would have liked, which became points of contention for the player and coach.

According to a source, Otzelberger soured on Jenkins during the course of the 2020-21 season. Midway through the campaign, Otzelberger summoned Jenkins to a one-on-one meeting in which the coach told Jenkins he would not have a place on the UNLV roster in 2021-22. According to the source, Otzelberger told Jenkins he did not enjoy coaching him anymore.

Shortly after that meeting, Otzelberger pulled Jenkins from the starting lineup and brought him off the bench for the next six games. Jenkins eventually regained his starting job but it was clear he was no longer in Otzelberger’s future plans.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
I mean, that is the actual player in question.
I think perhaps my comment was misconstrued by you & baagoe. I realize that is the actual player. I was making a reference to the amount of ego behind "world star", and whether or not I would take his response verbatim.

MeowingCows

Jun 1, 2015
Iowa
I think perhaps my comment was misconstrued by you & baagoe. I realize that is the actual player. I was making a reference to the amount of ego behind "world star", and whether or not I would take his response verbatim.
That makes more sense, I getcha now. I'll give it a... 50/50 chance and leave it at that, I guess.

• Agree
Reactions: ImJustKCClone

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
I find it odd that he enters the portal, and someone seems to report that there is a "falling out" between player and coach, almost as if they are unaware that said coach is gone.

For a guy that supposedly Otz didn't like coaching anymore, it would seem an odd response by Otz to play Jenkins 36 minutes in their last game, esp. considering Jenkins went 1-13.

Probably fair to file this under pretty much the entirety of Twitter - ******** thrown against the wall to see what sticks. To his credit, at least he includes "according to a source."

06_CY

Apr 11, 2006
I find it odd that he enters the portal, and someone seems to report that there is a "falling out" between player and coach, almost as if they are unaware that said coach is gone.

For a guy that supposedly Otz didn't like coaching anymore, it would seem an odd response by Otz to play Jenkins 36 minutes in their last game, esp. considering Jenkins went 1-13.

Probably fair to file this under pretty much the entirety of Twitter - ******** thrown against the wall to see what sticks. To his credit, at least he includes "according to a source."

Almost as good as nearly double digit sources.

Halincandenza

Oct 24, 2018

The people that cover UNLV seem to be a special breed.

MeowingCows

Jun 1, 2015
Iowa
We have to be the only school where we hire an assistant coach who doesn’t bring his son with him and the new head coach doesn’t bring one of his best players from his old school.
AJ has a good gig and may not be interested in starting over on that, I can understand that. The last school for the HC wasn't that good to begin with, so... is that really a big loss?

NetflixAndClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 6, 2015
The State of Hockey

From what i've seen from UNLV fans on twitter. This isn't the first time this reporter did something like this. Apparently he is known for these unnamed sources with wild accusations.