George Conditt Improvement

Old87

Sep 30, 2012
George has done a great job with improving his effort and attitude over the last few games. It has to be extremely difficult to get motivated when the team has such of a bad losing record this year. His improvement really stands out and is highly appreciated by the Cyclone fans. If he continues to put in the work this year, he will be a great senior leader for next year’s team. Go Clones. Cyclone for life.

isutrevman

Jan 30, 2007
Ames, IA
George has done a great job with improving his effort and attitude over the last few games. It has to be extremely difficult to get motivated when the team has such of a bad losing record this year. His improvement really stands out and is highly appreciated by the Cyclone fans. If he continues to put in the work this year, he will be a great senior leader for next year’s team. Go Clones. Cyclone for life.
Both Conditt and Coleman-Lands have really stepped it up the past few weeks.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
Yeah I was ready to ship George down the river, but I think I'd prefer to have him back. He could even play 2 years yet

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
It’s nice to see him improving. If he had young’s post up game he would be a damn good player.

Drew0311

Nov 7, 2019
Norwalk, Iowa
Anytime a player gets constant minutes they will generally improve. That’s the other frustrating part about this year. Losing every game and still not getting young guys in to improve. George has been what I was hoping for this year the last few games

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
With Foster's injury and Young confirming he won't be back next year guessing Conditt figured out it's there for the taking.

discydisc

Flag Designer Extraordinaire
Jan 14, 2014
Ames
I don't know if it was ever confirmed, but he seemed like he was a little dinged up early in the season. If only we could get some consistency shooting the 3 when he kicks out the floor would really open up for him.

Tyler Harris has also came on late. I'd like to see him running the point more with Bolton playing off the ball.

• Agree
Reactions: cygrads

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
I don't know if it was ever confirmed, but he seemed like he was a little dinged up early in the season. If only we could get some consistency shooting the 3 when he kicks out the floor would really open up for him.

Tyler Harris has also came on late. I'd like to see him running the point more with Bolton playing off the ball.

I don’t know regarding conditt. But between things he’s said snd prohm said, I wouldn’t be surprised if he was struggling a bit with his mental health.

Reactions: Cat Stevens

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Lately he's been flying around, swatting at shots and getting a little crazy and that's when he's at his best. I know there's more to it than just having fun but he looks like he's enjoying himself out there and why not?

I actually commend the team in general for going out and playing hard after all of this. Oddly at times it's been more interesting than watching the 18-19 team flail around for the last month.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Lately he's been flying around, swatting at shots and getting a little crazy and that's when he's at his best. I know there's more to it than just having fun but he looks like he's enjoying himself out there and why not?

I actually commend the team in general for going out and playing hard after all of this. Oddly at times it's been more interesting than watching the 18-19 team flail around for the last month.
He had slowed his foul trouble just enough to avoid having to come out after 2 minutes of playing time.

• Agree
Reactions: VeloClone

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
Conditt has definitely improved of late.

He's basically went from a liability bleeding us points through turnovers, fouls, poor defense, and missed shots into an average Big 12 big man. That might seem like damning him with faint praise, but it is actually speaking pretty well of him considering how hard it is to achieve that.

Assuming Conditt comes back (and he is the son of an ISU alumnus, so I presume that means he is a "fan" beyond what the median player is) and Foster comes back healthy, we might actually have something at the 4-5 next year with them. Can't teach 6'10" and 7'.

1614781334688.png

Compared those +/- ratings to senior Ejim, though...

1614781383523.png

That +17.4 against TCU is still hilarious.

SouthJerseyCy

Sep 6, 2008
I'm not sure "improved" is the right word. He's playing better for certain, but I think it's more attitude than anything. He's going after rebounds and lose balls and looking to make plays. It's great to see, but he still can't shoot a lick. That free-throw line jumper he shot was about as bad of a brick as I have ever seen. For someone who's played basketball their entire life, I can't understand how he literally can't shoot beyond 5 feet.

That said, I'll take the hustle. I will give it to this team, that they have not quit like years past. They are just completely devoid of talent.