Jamie Pollard "State of the Union" Address for Dept.

Cyvilian

Apr 15, 2006
Maybe I misheard but didn't he just say the lots North & West of Hilton/Scheman? I don't think he was talking about the ones between Hilton & Jack Trice. Maybe I'm wrong on that though.

Those lots between Hlton & JTS do badly need to be redone though.

Just rewatched the new video. He was just talking about the lots North and West of Hilton/Scheman. Thanks for correcting that. And yes, all of the lots need to be redone.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Perhaps I missed it, but what is the work being done on those parking lots? Repave/repair?

Didn't specify as bad as the lots are I would think it would be a repave/pave over project. They've lasted a really long time but they are TOUGH now.

Edit: according to the post above me I didn't listen close enough.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: CYdTracked

CysRage

Oct 18, 2009
I love that they are doing the RV park but they originally advertised it as “full hookups”. I get if they don’t want to run sewage but it’s disappointing that they aren’t doing water hookups anymore. I’m sure they are maximizing that $5 million gift and water hookups would have been too much which forced their hand

Mr.G.Spot

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2020
So if we sell 40k season football tickets with average increase I’d say $80 per ticket that’s another 3.2 Million. Good start on raises for the FB staff.
$2.5 million of that goes to amortizing the deficit over the 20 years. Cyclone Club increases will will solve Campbell/coaching salaries.

Write some checks or increase your amount.

StPaulCyclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 9, 2008
Duh!
Stand outs to me:
COVID budget deficit - $25M
New contract for Campbell and staff is in the works
Pedestrian Bridge going to BOR in February - Cost of $10M was fully funded by 2 $5M gifts; Expect it to be open in Fall of 2022
New RV Parking Lots - going to BOR later in Spring - Another $10M funded by private gifts; Expect it to be open in Fall of 2022
Hilton/Scheman Renovations - TBD
Entertainment District - hope to start up these conversations again soon

What can we do?
Renew Football tickets this year
- Price increases on season tickets - see below
Renew Cyclone Club Membership

View attachment 81137
Getting AD salaries back to prior levels and increases for CMC and his staff too.

StPaulCyclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 9, 2008
Duh!
Ticket increases are a must, and are still lower than many P5 schools, especially for a Top 10 FB team. I appreciate that JP asked that Cyclone Club and Season Ticket holders renew. However, that, along with the the price increases aren’t going to be enough. The number of donors needs to increase. Iowa State is last in donations in the B12, and most other P5 conferences, in donations.

I am shocked he didn’t call for non CC member and non ST holders to donate and buy now. I am encouraged to see a couple here say the will donate. I have lived out of state since graduating 20+ years ago. I have been a CC member since leaving Ames and joined the Grid Iron Club too. I had season tickets for the first few years after graduation, until kids came. Once they were a little older I bought mini packs for a few years and shared them with a old college roommate. The last few years I have had season tickets again. Kids are in sports, but other Cyclones use when I can’t, and I am usually paid for them.

My point, if you can, donate even if you are out of state and can’t attend. If you can only make a few games, buy in with family or friends. Figure out a way that works for your schedule and finances. The Cyclones, our team, needs everyone’s help and every bit matters.

Here is a screen shot from the Directors meeting video that someone shared here. I was surprised, given the number of ISU alumni and fans, how few Cyclone Club members there are; especially at the lowest levels. Let’s go Cyclones!

Attachments

• 03BC0FB1-6358-4420-9445-98FDA285CAA9.jpeg
    03BC0FB1-6358-4420-9445-98FDA285CAA9.jpeg
    509.7 KB · Views: 178
Last edited:

SECyclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 29, 2011
Pella
Ticket increases are a must, and are still lower than many P5 schools, especially for a Top 10 FB team. I appreciate that JP asked that Cyclone Club and Season Ticket holders renew. That, along with the the price increases isn’t going to be enough. The number of donors needs to increase. Iowa State is last in donations in the B12, and most other P5 conferences in donations.

I am shocked he didn’t call for non CC member and non ST holders to donate and buy now. I am encouraged to see a couple here say the will donate. I have lived out of state since graduating 20+ years ago. I have been a CC member since leaving Ames and joined the Grid Iron Club too. I had season tickets for the first few years after graduation, until kids came. Once they were a little older I bought mini packs for a few years and shared them with a old college roommate. The last few years I have had season tickets again. Kids are in sports, but other Cyclones use what I can’t, and I am usually paid for them.

My point, if you can, donate even if you are out of state and can’t attend. If you can only make a few games, buy in with family or friends. Figure out a way that works for your schedule and finances. The Cyclones, our team, needs everyone’s help and every bit matters.

Here is a screen shot from the Directors meeting video that someone shared here. I was surprised, given the number of ISU alumni and fans, how few Cyclone Club members there are; especially at the lowest levels. Let’s go Cyclones!
That 100 dollar level should be 10x that for member #s. Crazy stat how few members we have.

Last edited:

MeanDean

SuperFanatic
Jan 5, 2009
Blue Grass IA-Jensen Beach FL
Ticket increases are a must, and are still lower than many P5 schools, especially for a Top 10 FB team. I appreciate that JP asked that Cyclone Club and Season Ticket holders renew. That, along with the the price increases isn’t going to be enough. The number of donors needs to increase. Iowa State is last in donations in the B12, and most other P5 conferences in donations.

I am shocked he didn’t call for non CC member and non ST holders to donate and buy now. I am encouraged to see a couple here say the will donate. I have lived out of state since graduating 20+ years ago. I have been a CC member since leaving Ames and joined the Grid Iron Club too. I had season tickets for the first few years after graduation, until kids came. Once they were a little older I bought mini packs for a few years and shared them with a old college roommate. The last few years I have had season tickets again. Kids are in sports, but other Cyclones use what I can’t, and I am usually paid for them.

Count me in the shocked column too. I would have figured at least 3 times the total number of donors, most of those being in the 100-1000 range. Makes me extra sad I was unable to honor my commitment last year due to financial realities here. But already donated for 2021.

Please get the word out. This is really kind of embarrassing if those numbers are accurate.

Does this include corporate donations?

StPaulCyclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 9, 2008
Duh!
Does not include corporate donations, but we lag behind in those too. I suspect they will start improving som with results on the field. Hopefully, the AD can maintain the MBB corporate donations at current levels.

motorcy90

Aug 12, 2018
Iowa
Honestly just kind of bidding time until we move back to central Iowa to hopefully jump on the season ticket wagon. that and being on call 2/3rds of the year for work doesn't help either.

Reactions: aauummm

cyfan92

Sep 20, 2011
Augusta National Golf Club
I have friends near 30 who love to watch football but can't make games in-person enough to justify season tickets. Most make good to great money versus median Iowa incomes. How can I help sell them to donate? Do younger donors get anything if they can't buy tickets?

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
I love that they are doing the RV park but they originally advertised it as “full hookups”. I get if they don’t want to run sewage but it’s disappointing that they aren’t doing water hookups anymore. I’m sure they are maximizing that $5 million gift and water hookups would have been too much which forced their hand

As a former RV owner I get why they aren't doing sewage and water hookups too as that is a lot of extra expense for what amounts to just a few weekends a year of use unless you are opening it up for camping year round. Electrical is so much cheaper to install. Maybe they install a single station to fill water and dump sewage but that is a lot of maintenance and expense when most can just stop at a rest area or somewhere on the way home to dump. I find way more value in the electrical hookup and not having to run a generator than the water and sewage hookups.

StPaulCyclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 9, 2008
Duh!
I have friends near 30 who love to watch football but can't make games in-person enough to justify season tickets. Most make good to great money versus median Iowa incomes. How can I help sell them to donate? Do younger donors get anything if they can't buy tickets?
This is the challenge. Heck, many fanatics here aren’t members. I wasn’t able to go to many FB games this year. Like everyone else, I couldn’t attend the bowl game. However, the FB season was the most fun I have ever had as a Cyclone fan. As a result, I doubled my 2020 donation when the FB made the CCG. I reinvested my unused season ticket refund money. I renewed for 2021 right away and increased two levels of giving. I intend to renew my season FB tickets.

What do donors get? A successful AD to cheer for and be proud of. JP and CMC have done more with less, now it is time for them to do more with more. The ROI for donors has never been better.

Donate knowing that you contributed to sustained success of the AD. Donate knowing that you contributed to the stadium improvements you see in person or on TV. Donate knowing that when you can visit you will see the other facility upgrades that you helped move forward. Donate knowing that you helped increase CMC’s pay and retained him. Donate knowing that you helped CMC retain his staff. Donate knowing that all thsee thing contributed to the next recruiting class of Cyclone players. Donate knowing that you helped relaunch a program? Donate knowing....

Last edited:

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010
This is the challenge. Heck, many fanatics here aren’t members. I wasn’t able to go to many FB games this year. Like everyone else, I couldn’t attend the bowl game. However, the FB season was most fun I have ever had as a Cyclone fan. As a result, I doubled my 2020 donation when the FB made the CCG. I reinvested my unused season ticket refund money. I renewed for 2021 right away and increased two levels of giving. I intend to renew my season FB tickets.

What do donors get? A successful AD to cheer for and be proud of. JP and CMC have done more with less, now it is time for them to do more with more. The ROI for donors has never been better.

Donate knowing that you contributed to sustained success of the AD. Donate knowing that you contributed to the stadium improvements you see in person or on TV. Donate knowing that when you can visit you will see the other facility upgrades that you helpEd move forward. Donate knowing that you helped increase CMC’s pay and retained him. Donate knowing that you helped CMC retain his staff. Donate knowing that all thsee thing contributed to the next recruiting next class of Cyclone players. Donate knowing that you helped relaunch a program? Donate knowing....

JP has been subtly saying for 10 years that the broader ISU fan base needs to nut up and contribute to build on the success we've had. It's now or never.

StPaulCyclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 9, 2008
Duh!
JP has been subtly saying for 10 years that the broader ISU fan base needs to nut up and contribute to build on the success we've had. It's now or never.
It was (painfully) presented that way in the Director’s meeting video. I encourage everyone to watch it. The references to tapping out existing resources, complete with pictures of deforestation, seemed to suggest that they didn’t think that they could count on more support from the fan base. That’s why they don’t take raising donor levels and ticket prices lightly. They have 6K donors and 30K ST holders that have to carry the load.

That’s why the entertainment center was so important for revenue growth, and that will be years before those revenues will be a reality. Within the conference TV revenues are the same (not counting 3rd tier), bowl money shared, ticket revenues are similar (due to low ISU pricing), licensing revenue less than some, donations are last, corporate donations are less (our pressbox/suites are telling), etc.. That‘s not even comparing to b10 and sec money.

I would expect an uptick in corporate donations and licensing sales. However, fans have the ability to have the most, direct impact by becoming a donor at whatever level they can support.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron