Cyclones in the pros (hoops) 2020-2021

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
Good to see the young Kings get a win vs. the Knicks and glad so many of you got to watch it. Tyrese's stat sheet stuffing: 31 MIN, 16 PT, 7-13 FG, 2-7 3PT, 5 REB, 2 AST, 2 STL, 4 BLK (!!), and 3 TO.

Slow-mo throwdown:

Going right on the right, draining a crunch-time 3. No biggie:

Reactions: NWICY and ABECyguy

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
The Monte vs. Nader match-up lived up to the hype (the hype that took place in my head, anyway), with the Nuggets coming back for an OT victory. A lot of great players on the court and both our guys had good outings.

Monte led all (ex ISU) scorers for the night. His line: 32 MIN, 17 PT, 6-10 FG, 1-3 3PT, 3 REB, 3 AST, 1 STL, 1 TO and +17.

1611410871426.png

Nader made his best contribution of the season last night and seems to be viewed as a rotation player again. He guarded Monte a number of times and took him into the lane on a drive early on (only to miss the jumper). His first bucket was a dunk in transition and had a great drive and finish with his left hand. Van Gundy praised his aggressiveness.

If isolated on Monte, Nader tries to drive on him.

Abdel's line: 19 MIN (tied for top off the bench), 9 PT, 4-7 FG, 1-2 3PT, 3 REB, 1 STL and 1 TO.

Weird stats that might only interest me: The Nuggets took 103 shots in this OT game. Chris Paul had 14 first-half assists ....and ended up with 15. M. Bridges started 6-6 from 3 in the game. Jeez.

Last edited:

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
From the Nuggets' "3 takeaways" from the Nuggets-Suns game:

Morris provides spark

Although Jokić had another MVP-caliber performance, the argument could be made that Morris’ play was the spark behind Denver’s comeback victory.

"Monte has been incredible off the bench for us [this season]," Malone said. "His overall confidence right now [is high]...He's been a really important piece of what we've done here these last few years. I just love how confident and aggressive he's playing."

"We've said that for a couple of years now, when Monte plays like that, he's a difference-maker. That's how he's played every night for us [this season], which is great to see."

Morris was electric, making all 32 of his minutes impactful on both ends, and finished the night with 17 points, three assists, and a steal to just one turnover. Morris’ biggest play of the contest might have come on his second-to-last bucket in the fourth quarter. Murray leaped up to catch an errant pass from Chris Paul and launched a pass down the court to Morris. With Mikal Bridges draped on him, Morris powered through for a layup that cut the deficit to just one. It proves just how steady the reserve guard can be in big moments.

"I just like how he controls the game, he plays the right way," Michael Porter Jr. said. "If he scores 20 one night or five the next, it doesn't matter to him. He's just trying to play the right way and get his team a win."

Link: https://www.nba.com/nuggets/news/nuggets-suns-20210122

Last edited:

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land

PER isn't everything but he is ten spots higher ranked in PER than media favorite Lamelo Ball.

Their stats are similar except Tyrese is much more efficient shooter from everywhere on court and while Tyrese is rebounding very well for a point guard Ball seems like an elite rebounder from guard position. Their steals and blocks are overall pretty similar but Tyrese more than doubling him up on blocked shots probably speaks to TH being the better defender. Similar minutes and TH is one year older.

brokenloginagain

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 25, 2006
who cares about ROY. if TH keeps this up, in 3 years he's signing a max deal for $160m+.

• Agree
Reactions: HFCS

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Who will win tonight's Morris vs Uuuuuugh rematch?

PHX looked better for three quarters last night, Monte really did make huge difference in 4th.

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
Am I the only person that’s not sold on Devon Booker yet?
Possibly. Depends on to what extent that you're un-sold. That he's not a Top 10 NBA player? I'd agree. That he's not in the top 50? I'd disagree.

For tonight, I'm predicting Phoenix will rise from last night's ashes and pull out a 6-to-8-point victory. Rotations for PHX will look a little different but Nader will still get 10+ minutes. I'm also predicting a no-turnover game for Monte.