Cyclones in the pros (hoops) 2020-2021

Cyientist

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 18, 2013
Ankeny
I think Booker is out tonight.

On another note, Monte seems to have good games against CP3.

Cyientist

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 18, 2013
Ankeny
The Monte vs. Nader match-up lived up to the hype (the hype that took place in my head, anyway), with the Nuggets coming back for an OT victory. A lot of great players on the court and both our guys had good outings.

Monte led all (ex ISU) scorers for the night. His line: 32 MIN, 17 PT, 6-10 FG, 1-3 3PT, 3 REB, 3 AST, 1 STL, 1 TO and +17.

View attachment 81051

Nader made his best contribution of the season last night and seems to be viewed as a rotation player again. He guarded Monte a number of times and took him into the lane on a drive early on (only to miss the jumper). His first bucket was a dunk in transition and had a great drive and finish with his left hand. Van Gundy praised his aggressiveness.

If isolated on Monte, Nader tries to drive on him.

Abdel's line: 19 MIN (tied for top off the bench), 9 PT, 4-7 FG, 1-2 3PT, 3 REB, 1 STL and 1 TO.

Weird stats that might only interest me: The Nuggets took 103 shots in this OT game. Chris Paul had 14 first-half assists ....and ended up with 15. M. Bridges started 6-6 from 3 in the game. Jeez.

Javean Carter (WVU) has had a much better pro career than I thought.

CychiatricWard

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 27, 2017
Des Moines
Am I the only person that’s not sold on Devon Booker yet?

Clarify please? How are you not sold?

Last 2 years averaging around 27 a game to go with 6.5 assists and a little over 4 boards a game.

The suns have not been good since he’s been there, either.

• Agree
Reactions: NENick

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
Clarify please? How are you not sold?

Last 2 years averaging around 27 a game to go with 6.5 assists and a little over 4 boards a game.

The suns have not been good since he’s been there, either.

Just don’t think he’s capable of taking the Suns any higher than the 7 or 8 seed. I’m sold on his scoring that’s not in doubt but he’s just younger Klay Thompson imo. Won’t be able to take the next level without another player of equal caliber with him.

CychiatricWard

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 27, 2017
Des Moines
Just don’t think he’s capable of taking the Suns any higher than the 7 or 8 seed. I’m sold on his scoring that’s not in doubt but he’s just younger Klay Thompson imo. Won’t be able to take the next level without another player of equal caliber with him.

Not many people can take a bad team much higher than that sans Lebron James. I think you are overestimating what others who win have around them. Every superstar needs someone else of similar caliber to take a team far in the playoffs. Durant and Westbrook couldn’t win a title together for goodness sakes. The suns are getting better, booker is only 24 for reference, and got Paul as a bridge while Ayton gets there.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron