Iowa State v. K-State ...

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
Probably lots of reasons but where they ended up suggests they didn't expect much playing time at K-State. So, Klieman is busy in the transfer portal. (I loathe free agency but it is what it is these days.)

I believe there's a starting corner from the Hawkeyes coming to Manhattan. A former 4-star Louisville starter, Russ Yeast, is transferring in to fill the safety hole. A linebacker from Utah State. Many more rumored on the way.

Of course, Skylar Thompson is back for another go-around. So yeah, there's a significant upgrade going on from the season's end with returning seniors plus transfers. Here's the K-State transfer-out list you seem interested in and where they're headed.

P5 Transfers:
Josh Youngblood to Rutgers

G5 Transfers closer to home:
Tyrone Lewis to Louisiana
Lance Robinson to Tulane
Ronald Tripplett to UTSA
DeMarquese Hayes to Texas State

G5 Transfers:
Will Jones to USF
Walter Neil to UTEP
Jonathan Alexander to Charlotte

Unsigned:
Thomas Grayson
Wykeen Gill
Matthew Pola-Mao
Nick Ast
Tee Collins

Credit: AJ

That's some hard-hitting research by AJ

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Ok, open question. What sport is Kstate good at?

IMO they are sort of like us, usually ok in MBB (current situation not withstanding for us). The Vampire rebuilt that program twice for FB. I only hope that Campbell can be our Bill Snyder, well respected within the coaching ranks and really enjoyed being at his chosen university. We own them in cross-country though ;).

dirtyninety

Oct 6, 2012
Farmageddon has turned into Forgetaboutit.

I met this guy from Kansas State once....he could inhale a cigarette in his ear and blow it out of his lungs.

• Wow
Reactions: Cyinthenorth

kentkel

Apr 12, 2006
If KSU has only 6 players for Wednesday, I say "play the game" - we might actually have a chance at a win in 2021 (but that still wouldn't be a guarantee).

• Optimistic
Reactions: Beernuts and surly

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
If KSU has only 6 players for Wednesday, I say "play the game" - we might actually have a chance at a win in 2021 (but that still wouldn't be a guarantee).
When I was a freshman in HS, we played a few games with only 5 players. Coach sat on the bench and a role of athletic tape next to him. One player asked what the deal with the tape was, coach said if one of us got hurt he was calling timeout, taping us up and throwing us back in.

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
How's that for a captivating matchup coming this Wednesday? Don't be surprised if it's postponed. K-State was down to six scholarship players v. oSu yesterday due to injuries and C19.
No reason to postpone. 6 scholarship players is more than enough to beat us.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
Kansas state is always struggling with covid it seems. They had plethora of cases when we wiped the field with them in football and were supposedly down a couple players when they wiped the court with us in bball a month ago. No masks in Manhattan?

Beernuts

Nov 9, 2017
We wear red and gold - Hickory wears red and gold

We talk about farming - Hickory talked about farming

that's about the only things we have in common...

Hickory plays defense
Hickory has shooters
Hickory has fans
Hickory has a coach that can coach

I'll take Hickory to cover the spread

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
I am actually happy about this because my mom got women’s tickets on Wednesday night and now I don’t have to make a decision to watch the worst team in the country play or go to the women’s game with her.

Thompson....it's OK to step away from the MBB team, but hang in there. It will get better.

Reactions: Thompsonclone

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
I am actually happy about this because my mom got women’s tickets on Wednesday night and now I don’t have to make a decision to watch the worst team in the country play or go to the women’s game with her.
You were actually pondering this decision? It seems pretty freaking easy to me what to do...

Thompsonclone

Dec 13, 2008
Ames
You were actually pondering this decision? It seems pretty freaking easy to me what to do...
On paper it does seem like an easy decision. Go spend time with my mom and watch a talented women’s team or sit at home and watch a 2-7 team. It was just a tough decision because men’s basketball used to be my favorite thing and I’ve always been critical of people who stop watching because we are bad and I would be hypocritical if I did that and then didn’t watch a men’s game.

Reactions: t-noah