Iowa State v. K-State ...

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
Kansas state is always struggling with covid it seems. They had plethora of cases when we wiped the field with them in football and were supposedly down a couple players when they wiped the court with us in bball a month ago. No masks in Manhattan?
Their lack of discipline with COVID is laughable.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
I am actually happy about this because my mom got women’s tickets on Wednesday night and now I don’t have to make a decision to watch the worst team in the country play or go to the women’s game with her.

Well let's see do you want to watch a low effort team with questionable coaching, or a young team while still making mistakes plays hard on both ends moves the ball and has set the school record for 3's made in a game. Unless you really like seeing dunks It's kind of a no brainer to me.

Reactions: Thompsonclone

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
On paper it does seem like an easy decision. Go spend time with my mom and watch a talented women’s team or sit at home and watch a 2-7 team. It was just a tough decision because men’s basketball used to be my favorite thing and I’ve always been critical of people who stop watching because we are bad and I would be hypocritical if I did that and then didn’t watch a men’s game.

I've owned both for many yrs what ever is in Hilton is what I'm watching. Do I miss a good TV game that way now and then sure, but being in fun is more fun IMO.

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
K-State's MBB issues go beyond Covid. There are a slew of injured youngsters in the program.

Some fans believe K-State's Covid contact tracing protocols are too rigorous and unfairly penalize their athletic programs. The WBB team is also out and has been for some time now. I really don't know how to make that assessment.

Last edited:
Reactions: CyBobby

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
So many games getting postponed or canceled lately. Would love if the ncaa put the kabash on the season.
Play thru it. The end of last season was canceled, unfortunately. More unfortunate for two women's teams down here in SW MO. Drury was ranked #1 in Div II, and Missouri State women were in top 10 I think and peaking. Both teams missed a chance to play for their dreams. All end of season tourneys were cxl'd.

Two years in a row being canceled or partially canceled would be even worse.

Play thru it. The kids want to play even though largely no fans.

Fans want them to play. Most fans anyway (ISU ?).

• Agree
Reactions: NWICY

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
Bobby Plumb's team played with four once.

We wear red and gold - Hickory wears red and gold

We talk about farming - Hickory talked about farming

that's about the only things we have in common...

Hickory plays defense
Hickory has shooters
Hickory has fans
Hickory has a coach that can coach

I'll take Hickory to cover the spread
Loved that movie. 1986, wow 34 years ago..

Reactions: CyBobby and surly

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
So many games getting postponed or canceled lately. Would love if the ncaa put the kabash on the season.

I'm more wondering at what point non-competitive teams put the kabash on the season. For most teams sending your team around the country is not only medically risky, but not a money-maker. There has to come a point where the administration starts wonder why they are flying kids across the country to get their *** kicked.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
Not gonna happen and shouldn't.
I know it's unlikely, just would love it if Iowa fans didn't get to see their dream, once a generation type season play out and then back to mediocrity next year. It would suck for our women's team tho no doubt