If we go winless in the conference, does Prohm get fired?

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
Kansas State was picked to finish last in the big 12, we lost to them at home. This is as dark as it gets.

I have always pulled for Prohm, but from what I have seen this and last year it is pretty clear the guy can not coach. I couldn't even watch the second half last night. It was just too embarrassing that a once proud ISU program has sunk to this level. It isn't like there is no talent on this team. They just looked like a rec league team. Everyone out trying to do their own thing.

Urbandale2013

Jan 28, 2018
Urbandale
We have to save every penny we have to give to Campbell. At least we can compete for National Championships somewhere. Unfortunately that means our basketball program will be a dumpster fire until we can afford CSP's buyout. I have wanted him to succeed, but it's just not going to happen. Hope he proves me wrong.
Like I don’t think he gets fired and I do think money is partly the reason but I don’t get this fascination of spending every dollar on football. We’ve had this discussion multiple times that Campbell isn’t focused on money. Absolutely give him whatever he wants but he’s not going to be asking for another million dollars of salary.

Getting money for a buyout is also significantly easier than perpetual money.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
You are out of your god damn mind if you think JP is going to throw a pile of cash at Prohm and show him the door after the entire AD staff took a financial hit. This is not the year to bring together a bunch of new pieces and you are seeing that across the country. Next season will be it though if he can't put together a tournament team. I think what concerned me the most last night was the teams body language. They don't really appear to support one another on the court and there is a clear lack of leadership out there.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
Like I don’t think he gets fired and I do think money is partly the reason but I don’t get this fascination of spending every dollar on football. We’ve had this discussion multiple times that Campbell isn’t focused on money. Absolutely give him whatever he wants but he’s not going to be asking for another million dollars of salary.

A.) Football pays the bills.

2.) I agree CMC isn't chasing the dollar but JP has to absolutely throw the kitchen sink at him. If he is going to leave it's JP's job right now to make sure it has nothing to do with money.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I was thinking last night how last season was the worst by W/L record in something like 40 years.

Now I think the actual program on the whole is in that spot.

Hilton would likely feel like a ghost town even in normal conditions.

• Agree
Reactions: CyBobby and tman24

Halincandenza

Oct 24, 2018
I actually think Pollard will be very slow to pull the trigger on firing him and I wouldn't be surprised if he was here another two years beyond this year. This year is the covid excuse. Next year he will likely be able to say they got better which won't be saying much.

• Dislike
Reactions: Cyclone1995

cygrads

Jul 27, 2007
Altoona, IA
You are out of your god damn mind if you think JP is going to throw a pile of cash at Prohm and show him the door after the entire AD staff took a financial hit. This is not the year to bring together a bunch of new pieces and you are seeing that across the country. Next season will be it though if he can't put together a tournament team. I think what concerned me the most last night was the teams body language. They don't really appear to support one another on the court and there is a clear lack of leadership out there.
Agree, it seemed like the players really don't care. I could see the players walking out and blaming Covid.

• Agree
Reactions: CyBobby

Bader

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 25, 2007
Ankeny
Well, hopefully my ticket upgrade goes through next season

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
I was thinking last night how last season was the worst by W/L record in something like 40 years.

Now I think the actual program on the whole is in that spot.

Hilton would likely feel like a ghost town even in normal conditions.

We won 3 in 1976, and 5 in 1971. We're making serious runs at both this year.
Otherwise, you have to go back to 1937 and 1928 for seasons like that. We apparently had a long run of just about .500 seasons, with the occasional 9 win season thrown in.

DeereClone

Nov 16, 2009

Uh football facilities and assistant coaches cost money.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
I do just want to say one thing, there’s going to be pain in football around here sooner rather than later. Hate to break it to everyone but we’re going to rebuild at some point there to and miss a bowl game or “underachieve” (media sets those expectations so it’s ******** but nonetheless) Hope everyone remembers that.

cyclonespiker33

SuperFanatic
Jan 19, 2011
If Jim Harbaugh doesn't get fired this year, Steve Prohm definitely won't get fired this year.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
Isn't that an awfully hard thing to judge?

(BTW, he should have been fired last night or today)

I guess I'm just going back his lack of urgency. Not mixing anything up. Not letting assistants go. Not doing much by way of shaking up the lineup. No change in his sideline demeanor. No visible increase in intensity. Same regurgitated quotes after each loss.

Just doesn't strike me as a guy that knows he has to win to keep his job.

Urbandale2013

Jan 28, 2018
Urbandale
Uh football facilities and assistant coaches cost money.
Football facilities are on hold regardless is my understanding per regents.

Absolutely give him the money he needs for assistant coaches. That isn’t the argument at all.

Imagine we have $5,000,000 and Campbell wants say $1,000,000. There are people acting like we can’t spend that other $4,000,000. If it comes down to needing money you give it to football instantly. I just don’t get why people think that’s going to be the case. The budget sucks but there is still money out there. Especially if attendance tanks next year.

Reactions: CycloneErik