*** Official Kansas State vs IOWA STATE Game(Day) Thread ***

DSM4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 4, 2006
Altoona, IA
Staring 0-18 in the face without a big comeback here. Football is firing on all cylinders while basketball is finishing the destruction of all progress Fred had made...I know we don’t have the $$ to fire Steve but the long-term costs to the program of seeing this through probably this full season and next will be brutal. Hate to say it as I never want to see our teams or coaches be unsuccessful, but this is just embarrassing. K-State lost to a D-II team!

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010
Who is the leader on this team? I have no idea. Totally comatose out there, 1 through 5.

cdfree

Sep 5, 2011
Evanston, IL
There are 350 D1 basketball teams. I'd bet that 300 of the 350 coaches could get more out of this group (really any group) than Prohm. 2/3 of DII coaches, 50% of DIII coaches and maybe 1/3 of high school coaches. 25% of AAU coaches, 20% of middle school coaches and 15% of YMCA 6-8 y/o coaches (teams are colors, running clock). Which was where my coaching career maxed out.

DurangoCy

Jul 5, 2010
Durango, CO
This is ******* brutal. I think most pick up street ball teams have more cohesiveness than this ISU team does.

Was going to say this earlier. Shot them up at the rec center 10 years ago and the short fat guy with back hair (not me of course) had our offense running better than this.

clone1990

Apr 14, 2008
Staring 0-18 in the face without a big comeback here. Football is firing on all cylinders while basketball is finishing the destruction of all progress Fred had made...I know we don’t have the $$ to fire Steve but the long-term costs to the program of seeing this through probably this full season and next will be brutal. Hate to say it as I never want to see our teams or coaches be unsuccessful, but this is just embarrassing. K-State lost to a D-II team!
We could get a coach pretty cheap that could probably do this well. I guess the buy out is the issue.

Mississippi Clone

Aug 6, 2016
We are just awful. Solo looks bad, play Foster. I had held out hope for Prohm but I’m done. I know this is an novel take but JFC

peachy

Oct 14, 2006
Maybe the worst half of Cyclone basketball I have ever seen. A complete comedy of errors, against a team who was just blown out by a Div II team. Prohm has taken this once proud program to all time lows....

ISUTex

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 25, 2012
Rural U.S.A.
Man, I am one of those people that doesn’t think we can afford (financially) to fire Prohm after this year. However, I’d love Jamie so much if he could work the books and malemolências happen somehow... After losing by 30 to your in-state rival, I expected to see more from this team.

At this point, if you look down the road, can we afford not to fire him?