Iowa Football Recruiting

CyHawk1605

Jun 22, 2020
Agree 100% on that. Ours was way worse than the Purdue one because that was not PI. Ours could've been called, no doubt, but it wasn't "OMG DID YOU SEE HOW BAD HE PUSHED OFF"
I don’t think Scates pushed off bad at all. He clearly does but if that had been called, I would have said it was a bit ticky tack.

• Agree
Reactions: Statefan10

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Nope if you can't complete all your games on your shorten schedule then you shouldn't be allowed.
I know others who hold the same opinion as you, but there have been years where games have been cancelled due to crazy circumstances and then weren't made up.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Based on this year's being a train wreck they should expand to 8, take the power 5 champions plus 3.
This x 100. They won't though. It's the perfect opportunity to try it out for a year and make a TON of $$$. They already said they're not changing anything. 2024 would be the year it happens.

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
Yes he did. I just watched the replay twice. That is the true definition of offensive PI

Did the announcers say the same thing both times you replayed it, that he pushed off or gave him a "love tap"? You like most hawk fans can only understand pictures as when people try to talk with you, they get the "deer in headlights look " as the words go in one ear and out the other. Keep trying.

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
Did the announcers say the same thing both times you replayed it, that he pushed off or gave him a "love tap"? You like most hawk fans can only understand pictures as when people try to talk with you, they get the "deer in headlights look " as the words go in one ear and out the other. Keep trying.

Why argue about one blown call in a game that ISU won by 45 points? Who even cares?

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
Why argue about one blown call in a game that ISU won by 45 points? Who even cares?

Not arguing, but when a known troll has to replay a rivals game twice to make sure it was push off, said troll is the one that seems to really care about it. PI, whether it's offensive of defensive, happens in every game he needs to get over it. Sometimes they call it other times they don't. He's the one that made the big deal on it. Glad he's in your fanbase.

inCyteful

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 28, 2012
Fort Collins, CO
Wow, I knew the Big10 was super tough, but man these SOS are crazy tough.

Nebraska #1
Penn St. #2
Maryland #3
Purdue #4
Rutgers #5
Michigan St. #6
Wisconsin #7
Northwestern #8
Indiana #9
Iowa #11
Michigan #15
Illinois #18
Minnesota #17
Ohio St. #26

Kansas #35
TCU #36
OSU #44
Baylor #53
Texas Tech #54
K-State #55
Texas #58
ISU #59
OU #71
WVU #77

The Big10 West is the best conference in college football by a large margin, and the Big12 is behind the ACC Coastal and Pac12 North.

I said it before the year started that I wished Iowa played in an easy conference like the Big12, and it looks like it is playing out that way. This really isn't even debatable as I'm sure this site would never question the Sagarin rating as it is the go to Gold standard here.

I remember the dark years as an ISU fan when our biggest claim to fame was have a Top 10 toughest schedule.

I think this is accurate though, I think you can look at that list, especially the top, and see a great representation of B1G Football. I can't think of 2 Teams that represent all that B1G football is and will be than Nebraska and Penn State.

I am happy for you though. You get 2 great prizes this year: PinStripe Bowl and Tough Schedule Door Knocker

tman24

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 6, 2008
Based on this year's being a train wreck they should expand to 8, take the power 5 champions plus 3.

I dont get why they don't use it as an excuse to try it. say its a one year thing. Take power 5 champs, top rated g5 and 2 wild cards.

inCyteful

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 28, 2012
Fort Collins, CO
I dont get why they don't use it as an excuse to try it. say its a one year thing. Take power 5 champs, top rated g5 and 2 wild cards.

If Alabama, Ohio State, and/or Clemson were on the outside looking in, we would have locked in 8 or 16 team field already.

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines

Sagarin should be enough to convince everyone you can't compare conferences when most didn't play a single non con.

Clark

Jun 24, 2009
Altoona
I think he'd be a slam dunk replacement.

he seems like a good coach. I wouldn't be angry if it were him. I'd be a little surprised if Iowa's next coach didn't have the last name of Stoops. I don't know if that will be a good hire or not, but that's my best guess on who would be in line to replace Ferentz if he steps down in the next couple years.

If I could pick any coach and they had to accept (non Meyer/Saban division) I think I'd pick Jeff Brohm from Purdue. I really, really like his offense

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
he seems like a good coach. I wouldn't be angry if it were him. I'd be a little surprised if Iowa's next coach didn't have the last name of Stoops. I don't know if that will be a good hire or not, but that's my best guess on who would be in line to replace Ferentz if he steps down in the next couple years.

If I could pick any coach and they had to accept (non Meyer/Saban division) I think I'd pick Jeff Brohm from Purdue. I really, really like his offense
Mark Stoops would be perfect at Iowa

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron