Iowa Football Recruiting

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
I don’t think Woods would be bad. He’s a guy who played at Iowa, defensive minded, and he’s also black. He would check a lot of boxes.
What boxes does he check? Special teams experience? He is a defensive minded coach because he was a LB coach from 2012-14? Lol

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
He played defense in college. He also has made Iowa special teams elite. He would be a good HC.
I really struggle to see how someone who's never been a head coach or even offensive or defensive coordinator anywhere would be considered a good head coach. He would have the worst P5 resume of all time

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
I don’t think Woods would be bad. He’s a guy who played at Iowa, defensive minded, and he’s also black. He would check a lot of boxes.

If one of the boxes is the color of a man's skin. Nothing has really changed, it's just being painted over.

• Agree
Reactions: cyputz

mattyheiden

May 3, 2011
MN
KF isn't retiring anytime soon. Maybe 3-4 years but not this year or next year. As for Woods, he's very highly respected within the program and outside of the program. Phil Parker would be another but he likes where he's at but he'd be a good interim choice as well.

• Optimistic
  • Dumb
Reactions: CyPunch and CyTwins

mattyheiden

May 3, 2011
MN
He's a good coach period. Played 7 years in the NFL too.. A lot of former players associated with the program think highly of him too.

• Haha
Reactions: CyTwins

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
KF isn't retiring anytime soon. Maybe 3-4 years but not this year or next year. As for Woods, he's very highly respected within the program and outside of the program. Phil Parker would be another but he likes where he's at but he'd be a good interim choice as well.
He's very respected outside of the program? Link?

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
He's a good coach period. Played 7 years in the NFL too.. A lot of former players associated with the program think highly of him too.
He would literally have the worst resume of all time to be hired at a P5 program. I mean I get he was second team All Conference at Iowa but cmon you have to be trolling

SouthernCy

Sep 8, 2019
So using Sagarin SOS is dropping turds and is garbage? Just a few weeks ago Sagarin was considered the gold standard on this site. Weird how you now say it is turds and garbage.
No it wasn't lol. And anyone with any sort of brain can look at ANY computer analystics this year and see how trash they are given the usual year

• Winner
Reactions: Statefan10

SouthernCy

Sep 8, 2019
Thank you. Most Iowa fans will admit Hall is better then them because it’s true. Hall is a top 5 RB in the country right now. Goodson and Sargent have been a good duo and the run game has been drastically improved so far which is a big thing Iowa fans wanted.
Top 5? Try top 2-3

Legend Hawk

Sep 2, 2018
No it wasn't lol. And anyone with any sort of brain can look at ANY computer analystics this year and see how trash they are given the usual year

Sagarin looks how it always looks, which is different than other metrics says. I've been saying a long time you need to look at all the metrics and take the consensus of them, because every metric is flawed, yet valuable. Since that didn't give ISU the desired outcome in years past, you guys shouted me down and said ONLY SAGARIN COUNTS!!!!! Now that Sagarin isn't giving you the results you want, you are saying Sagarin doesn't count!

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Sagarin looks how it always looks, which is different than other metrics says. I've been saying a long time you need to look at all the metrics and take the consciences of them, because every metric is flawed, yet valuable. Since that didn't give ISU the desired outcome in years past, you guys shouted me down and said ONLY SAGARIN COUNTS!!!!! Funny that now that Sagarin isn't giving you the results you want, you are saying Sagarin doesn't count!
Still think Petras is future NFL QB and Goodson is just as good as Hall?

Legend Hawk

Sep 2, 2018
Still think Petras is future NFL QB and Goodson is just as good as Hall?

Petras looks nowhere near a NFL QB at this point. I already said that Goodson was pretty good, but Hall has been at a higher level than Goodson this year.

Help Support Us

Become a patron