SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America

tenor.gif

Reactions: MartyFine

isutrevman

Jan 30, 2007
Ames, IA
Texas and OU want to play and everyone else doesn’t or is hesitant, so therefore because texas and ou want to, the conference is leaning toward playing.
I'd be pretty surprised if Iowa State doesn't want to play. Unless Wintersteen is taking the conservative approach. I'd be shocked if Pollard wasn't all in. It appears we've had good success with workouts so far over the last two months, and he's done nothing but figure out ways to play all summer.

There isn't really a school I can think of that would definitely be a "no play" outside of Kansas, since they have nothing to play for anyway.

isutrevman

Jan 30, 2007
Ames, IA
Husker fans are absolutely losing their minds right now as they try to grasp that they will be sidelined while its former Big 8/12 partners play football.

Obviously we may all end up not playing, but the salt out there is delicious.
Even if we end up canceling in two weeks, it'll be worth it watching Iowa and Nebraska fans melt down for that time period.

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
More details

Though I am still abit doubful the full season will get played I agree with the Big 12 trying with an updated schedule and added Covid measures. As long as they are vigilant, strict with the rules and willing to cancel if signs are appearent the changes aren't working it makes sense to the confernce, TV partners and most importantly the student athletes that want to play to try to make a season work.

Now let's to the first game kickoff

(and laugh at the B1G tears)

dahliaclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 4, 2007
Minneapolis
it’s a good PR move for the Big 12. You’re still out there vocal wanting to play. Other conferences are folding it in and I personally see both sides. But if in a few weeks all conferences have called off the season...even if only one game gets played...the Big 12 can say ‘well we did all we could...’. The other side of that coin is if/when a player tests positive and the results are very bad. That’s a risk but they’re doing right with more testing etc so why not stay in the ring for now.

I still am not sure we will see football but it’s a good PR move. For now.

3GenClone

Jun 28, 2009
Des Moines
More details

College athletics absolutely needs to do more in regards to heart defects and early detections. Fred Hoiberg is the popular example, but I have a child where her heart defect was detected and she had open-heart surgery at 8-days (yes, days) old. The only reason it was caught was due to a relatively new practice of testing oxygen saturation levels within a 24 hour span. A “normal” heart would be in the mid-to-upper 90s and she was measuring in the 80s and when she was fussy it would go as low as the high-50s. Thankfully her surgery was relatively simple compared to others and she is great. As the surgeon was telling us about her successful surgery, he said this case was going to be used in research because most cases of this particular defect are only discovered in older adults. It highlighted the fact that there are tons of people out there with heart defects that aren’t aware of it.

Reactions: RedDog

cy90

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 12, 2010
Though I am still abit doubful the full season will get played I agree with the Big 12 trying with an updated schedule and added Covid measures. As long as they are vigilant, strict with the rules and willing to cancel if signs are appearent the changes aren't working it makes sense to the confernce, TV partners and most importantly the student athletes that want to play to try to make a season work.

What are we thinking updated schedule is going to be?

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
If nothing else this will generate some jucy rumors for the next couple of weeks. (and no I don't think this is real smoke)
https://twitter.com/TribuneDanny
@TribuneDanny BREAKING: Hearing that both #Nebraska and #BYU are both fighting to join the
@Big12Conference for upcoming season. Source spoke with several Big 12 ADs just moments ago.

@TribuneDanny BREAKING: Hearing there is strong traction that #PennSt #OhioSt #Michigan and #Nebraska will all join the #Big12 for the upcoming season. #Big10 #CFB

• Love
Reactions: RedDog

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
If nothing else this will generate some jucy rumors for the next couple of weeks. (and no I don't think this is real smoke)
@TribuneDanny BREAKING: Hearing that both #Nebraska and #BYU are both fighting to join the
@Big12Conference for upcoming season. Source spoke with several Big 12 ADs just moments ago.

@TribuneDanny BREAKING: Hearing there is strong traction that #PennSt #OhioSt #Michigan and #Nebraska will all join the #Big12 for the upcoming season. #Big10 #CFB

This is going to be hilarious

Reactions: BigCyFan

kcbob79clone

I see Jamie's hand prints all over these guidelines

Reactions: 3GenClone

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011

People all over the radio today including the SEC commisioner said that there are too many legal hurdles for teams to jump conferences for one season.

• Agree
Reactions: Cy$

kcbob79clone

Pop the popcorn, this is going to be fun.

• Agree
Reactions: bgprest

Help Support Us

Become a patron