Iowa and Nebraska only B1G schools to vote to play

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
Though I assume once the B1G announces the other conferences will begrudengely follow... but they may try to figure out a different plan.

@MattHayesCFB Power 5 AD just texted me: “It’s looking more and more like it’s Big Ten and Pac-12 vs. SEC, ACC and Big 12."
@MattHayesCFB Power 5 AD made it clear: doesn’t mean SEC, ACC and Big 12 are playing, just means they’re not giving in just yet. They’re continuing to move forward. Science and medical professionals (and ultimately, university presidents) will dictate what they do.

nfrine

Mar 31, 2006
Nearby

@TomDienhart1

Text from Power Five assistant: "Trying to get everyone at the same level of testing and protocols is a major issue...that’s what our AD keeps talking about. Not talking much about the cardiac issues...that sounds like a potentially larger issue...especially with lawsuits."
10:05 AM · Aug 10, 2020

This is probably why Iowa voted to play. Barta has lots of experience with handling lawsuits.:cool:

• Funny
Reactions: diaclone

ISUCyclones2015

Doesn't wipe standing up
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2010
Chicago, IL
Classic mentality coming from the state of Iowa here. I'm guessing ISU would vote yes in a similar vote unless the Wendy forces Jaime's hand. And looking at the Big 12 members states, I'm guessing a majority vote yes and we're gonna be a marching band to nowhere.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: RoseClone

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
No P5 conference wants to be the first to cancel the season, so the Big 10 is working with the Pac 12 to announce that both will cancelling their seasons. I would guess that they are also talking to the ACC, SEC and Big 12 and trying to find out what they are going to do.

To me the holdouts for cancelling seem to be the SEC and Big 12. I can see the SEC, but the Big 12 has to be looking at the number of cases in Texas and just saying "this idea of playing this fall, is just not going to happen."

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
I'm convinced Ohio State, Michigan and Penn State may somehow see more money in this going on their own this season and abandoning Big 10 play.

• Agree
Reactions: 1UNI2ISU

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I'm convinced Ohio State, Michigan and Penn State may somehow see more money in this going on their own this season and abandoning Big 10 play.

Thought part of the deal in the big ten was a mandate that they all follow it. Also, I think other conferences would not touch them because of the GORs. Would get messy most likely.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
Thought part of the deal in the big ten was a mandate that they all follow it. Also, I think other conferences would not touch them because of the GORs. Would get messy most likely.

Yah, I have no real clue, other than I just can't see Ohio State and Michigan not playing while Clemson, Bama and LSU play.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Yah, I have no real clue, other than I just can't see Ohio State and Michigan not playing while Clemson, Bama and LSU play.

College presidents can have lower levels of priorities for the ADs than several. The southern ones usually seem to have a tighter link to the ADs than average.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM

They can’t join another conference. Same as if they don’t play football the players have to “go back home”. They could go independent and then have some room but I doubt they can just flip that switch whenever they want.