College Football Claiming Poverty

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
I would love to see Cy Fan's reaction if JP's reaction to criticism about our facilities and coaches pay not keeping up was "Hey, you never know when a once-in-a-century pandemic might hit and we can't play."

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
Anyone else sick of this? 8 months ago Pollard is up there touting the new mega-mall of ISU Football fandom to be built in the Hilton/JTS parking lots. Now he’s claiming poverty. I don’t care about endowments, revenue, or anything else. Was this not in the contingencies? Pandemics happen, they actually happen all of the time. I hope we have a season and we can make some money but CFB and ADs better take a good ******* look when we’re past this because it’s a horrible look.
Is this real?

Reactions: ruxCYtable

cykadelic2

Jun 10, 2006
Anyone else sick of this? 8 months ago Pollard is up there touting the new mega-mall of ISU Football fandom to be built in the Hilton/JTS parking lots. Now he’s claiming poverty. I don’t care about endowments, revenue, or anything else. Was this not in the contingencies? Pandemics happen, they actually happen all of the time. I hope we have a season and we can make some money but CFB and ADs better take a good ******* look when we’re past this because it’s a horrible look.
Mods, kick this dumbass poster off the board.

ruxCYtable

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 29, 2007
Colorado
Sorry you are correct, but these were pandemics correct? My company had plans in place for pandemic response. Was it just the attitude of “it won’t happen here” that has caused the lack of a coherent plan?
How can you have a coherent plan for something that has literally never happened before: A complete and total shut down of almost EVERYTHING?

Let me help you.

unprecedented
[ uhn-pres-i-den-tid ]
SEE SYNONYMS FOR unprecedented ON THESAURUS.COM
adjective
without previous instance; never before known or experienced; unexampled or unparalleled:an unprecedented event.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
How can you have a coherent plan for something that has literally never happened before: A complete and total shut down of almost EVERYTHING?

Let me help you.

unprecedented
[ uhn-pres-i-den-tid ]
SEE SYNONYMS FOR unprecedented ON THESAURUS.COM
adjective
without previous instance; never before known or experienced; unexampled or unparalleled:an unprecedented event.

What is shut down right now?

Beyerball

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
Texas

what on god green earth are you smoking? Pandemics happen? LMFAO...yea every 100 years dude. Entire nation and world economy was shut down and still is a lot.

dollar is about to crash and investors with money and a brain are running to commodities...but yea all is still ok.

A huge chuck of Pollard proposal included a big increase in donations and investing by donors and venture capitalists..

that all went away starting this year...at least for a while.

dude.

Beyerball

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
Texas
There was literally a different SARS pandemic 10 years ago.

there wasn’t. SARS never reached the US really and it died out quickly.

Are you thinking of Swine Flu? Less deadly and far less contagious than Covid btw and we had a vaccine in 6 months,

JimmyChitwood

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 3, 2015
Southern Iowa
[QUOTE="Clonehom Should we stop paying general contractors for work they've done on our facilities?[/QUOTE]
The IOWA way!

rochclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 28, 2009

Pandemics happen all the time. I guess if they happen all the time then we shouldn't need a stimulus and we don't need to extend employment benefits any longer. After all people should do a better job planning since pandemics happen all the time. Gunnerclone has become a complete joke.

Cloneon

Oct 29, 2015
West Virginia
Can you describe the mistakes made? What should have been done differently? Should the AD create an escrow account to fund the department a year in advance? Should we stop paying general contractors for work they've done on our facilities?
Now why on earth would you ask someone with a 'narrative' already established with 20/20 hindsight questions like that? I can guarantee you this: whatever he responds with will, most likely, be fabricated because no one knew how to proceed.

Help Support Us

Become a patron