Kirk Ferentz getting sued for being racist

Status
Not open for further replies.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
Miller is pretty much the only one in the local media that has the stones to talk about this without fear of stepping on anyones toes

CW and Ross hit on it a few weeks back when a bunch of the statements came out but for the most part nobody is touching it. Ironically, this is a direct reflection of Kirk's dictatorship and his obsession with controlling the message.

CloneinWDSM

Aug 9, 2013
Got a reply from Keith Murphy when I chastised him for tweeting about California High School football and not the breaking news this morning. Here is his reply

I give it 30 minutes of them covering it before they have to get into baseball and COVID

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
I don't think Keith likes controversy, to be honest. That's certainly not me giving him a pass, because it's not. And I mean, wtf else is there to report on, especially in the sports world?[/QUOTE]

This is what blows my mind! They are struggling for content and they have a huge story right in front of them. I'm not going to make excuses for them but they are all absolutely scared $hitless that they will lose their press credentials if they say too much. Then you have someone like Rob Howe who is really outspoken and it took him YEARS to be acknowledged as press and given credentials.

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
Press conference to announce that Kirk has discovered the existence of 3 more blind spots, a deaf spot, and a spot where he can no longer smell very well. He's sure sorry about it, and vows to get some transition lenses, and wear his TAC amplifier all of the time, instead of just when he goes hunting.
I have a bald spot.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
I'm not sure there's a more telling sign of the damning nature of this new report than there only being one singular Iowa troll willing to show up and support Kirk.

exCYtable

Apr 15, 2010
Even the local news stations dont even have stories. KCRG and KGAN have nothing. Its on the national cbs sports site, but the local one doesn't have it.

Frustrating, yes. The moral of the story is, the local media and their fans just want to look the other way, but in the grand scheme of things, it doesn't matter: It's the national outrage that potential recruits see. It's the national coverage they should be concerned about, and the national coverage is on them like flies on poop.

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
Tryharder, ObtuseTriangle, JohnnyHoppyKins, Brodieboy

Blinders....engaged!!

wearspace_partion_580x326_fps15-1-1-1-1-1.gif

CloneinWDSM

Aug 9, 2013
Kulick also tweeted and recently deleted ”So many snowflakes virtue signaling me. ADHD isn’t a mental disability you simpletons”

Trice

Apr 1, 2010
Yeah, not impressed with how obnoxiously blind, on social media, he's been during this whole thing.

I don't think Keith likes controversy, to be honest. That's certainly not me giving him a pass, because it's not. And I mean, wtf else is there to report on, especially in the sports world?

He's been an embarrassment on social media regarding this story. Contrast this with his months spent acting as Carson King's personal publicist last fall, and I think your explanation is the correct one: he wants to be liked and he's not going to accomplish that by going hard after this story.

He's more of a sports personality than a sports journalist at this point.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Kulick also tweeted and recently deleted ”So many snowflakes virtue signaling me. ADHD isn’t a mental disability you simpletons”
ADHD is one of the most common neurodevelopmental disorders of childhood. It is usually first diagnosed in childhood and often lasts into adulthood. Children with ADHD may have trouble paying attention, controlling impulsive behaviors (may act without thinking about what the result will be), or be overly active.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
He's been an embarrassment on social media regarding this story. Contrast this with his months spent acting as Carson King's personal publicist last fall, and I think your explanation is the correct one: he wants to be liked and he's not going to accomplish that by going hard after this story.

He's more of a sports personality than a sports journalist at this point.

Also known as the Barstool Sports effect....

Crookedhatkid

May 14, 2018

And think that the Iowa fans on here treat this guy like the purveyor of truth, but you can’t trust that Robert T Green guy to convey someone else’s first hand account because he isn’t doing it for no payment.

Status
Not open for further replies.