College Football Season Death Pool

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
August 11th, with the university going fully online on August 10th.
Maximum chaos as people get ready to move in.

I hope nobody signed an apartment lease in this scenario.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
I'm getting censored on this site now, so instead of stating why, I'll just say the last possible moment just to make the nut kick that much worse

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
I think (know) sports writers are just looking to write something that'll drive clicks. They're bored.

There are direct quotes from AD’s and CfB officials in the article. The quotes wrote that story, it’s not the writer’s opinion on the situation.

Stewo

Oct 29, 2008
Iowa
There are direct quotes from AD’s and CfB officials in the article. The quotes wrote that story, it’s not the writer’s opinion on the situation.
Maybe I missed the others, but there's a single quote from a guy at a single school. Keep in mind, we're talking about about administrators/football coaches, not doctors.

“The thing that’s starting to settle in for us,” said a high ranking official at a Power Five school. “We’ve been talking about this as a one-year problem. I’m not sure it’s a one-year problem anymore. To me, it’s more likely we’re in this situation the same time next year than we play college football in the fall.”

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
Maybe I missed the others, but there's a single quote from a guy at a single school. Keep in mind, we're talking about about administrators/football coaches, not doctors.

“The thing that’s starting to settle in for us,” said a high ranking official at a Power Five school. “We’ve been talking about this as a one-year problem. I’m not sure it’s a one-year problem anymore. To me, it’s more likely we’re in this situation the same time next year than we play college football in the fall.”

Okay so how has the writer injected themselves in to that and how does that show “boredom” from them? This is shaping up to be a huge story in sports.

Stewo

Oct 29, 2008
Iowa
Okay so how has the writer injected themselves in to that and how does that show “boredom” from them? This is shaping up to be a huge story in sports.
Look at the Tweet associated with the story. He purposely took a footnote from the story to drive clicks. The story was 98% about this upcoming season and then he drops the last paragraph.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
Look at the Tweet associated with the story. He purposely took a footnote from the story to drive clicks. The story was 98% about this upcoming season and then he drops the last paragraph.

I didn’t see any footnotes after the article.

Stewo

Oct 29, 2008
Iowa
You're missing his really obvious point. If 98%ish of the article deals with this fall, and this small bit talks 2021, and the small bit is used in his publicizing tweet, it's disingenuous.
It's not by accident.

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013

I think people need to stop thinking Ivy or Patriot league football cancelling is a domino that has any impact on P5 football. It’s like suggesting that the NBA season is more likely to be cancelled because I stopped playing pickup ball at the Y.

Reactions: heitclone

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron