Kirk Ferentz getting sued for being racist

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
Yep, their terminology switches are very interesting. Glad that you brought that up. As you say, it's now been watered down to an "examination" by the law firm. Pretty soon they'll be calling it a "passing glance" at the FB program.

We all pretty much predicted that the so-called "independent investigation" would be nothing more than a pat on the back for the U of I football program and business as usual. It may be time for the BOR, the state AG (at least Tom Miller isn't a hok grad), the Iowa Civil Rights Commission, etc. to step in.
Wrong. Soon it will be called pre-litigation strategy planning.

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
I truly believe Iowa is the only one in America that is allowing racism in their program right now
I disagree. With what we have seen in since Mr. Floyd's murder there is much more racism and hatred in this country. It would be naive to say that football has somehow insulated itself from systemic racism. Look at coaching ranks, for the longest time quarterback positions, ownership, etc. Football may have some leg up but it is not an innocent industry.

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
Ah, so the narrative has gone from "you can't believe those players" to "everyone's doing it". I'm predicting tomorrow's excuse will be "but Kirk has black friends".
That is not what he said. Further his tone has radically changed as I perceive it as the slow drop of stories continues. @TrianglePlace will confirm I am not an apologist for him by any means.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
That is not what he said. Further his tone has radically changed as I perceive it as the slow drop of stories continues. @TrianglePlace will confirm I am not an apologist for him by any means.

I mentioned before I blocked Twins and didn't know his comment was in response to something from Twins. I'll admit it without the benefit of seeing what he was responding to it was taken out of context. My bad.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
I mentioned before I blocked Twins and didn't know his comment was in response to something from Twins. I'll admit it without the benefit of seeing what he was responding to it was taken out of context. My bad.

Lol you blocked me when I mentioned in racism was an issue in the Iowa football program in 2018 and you went nuts on me for saying that. Funny how things worked out

knowlesjam

Oct 21, 2012
Papillion, NE
From the Chicago area and didnt play a ton and then grad transferred to West Virginia. That's about all I remember about him.
Too bad the staff at Iowa didn't take care of him...maybe you would have remembered him more. He played 11 games for West Virginia on a team that finished 10-3 and ranked 18th in the final poll. Good stats line and then had 3 years time on various NFL teams. Looks like he flourished at WV...amazing what a change in coaching philosophies will do with a quality player that isn't taking mental hits from the staff.

TrianglePlace

May 13, 2020
Too bad the staff at Iowa didn't take care of him...maybe you would have remembered him more. He played 11 games for West Virginia on a team that finished 10-3 and ranked 18th in the final poll. Good stats line and then had 3 years time on various NFL teams. Looks like he flourished at WV...amazing what a change in coaching philosophies will do with a quality player that isn't taking mental hits from the staff.

If his Wiki page is correct, the furthest he got on an NFL roster was on the Buccaneers practice squad.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
If his Wiki page is correct, the furthest he got on an NFL roster was on the Buccaneers practice squad.
He played in a couple of pre-season games, however got injured twice which resulted in him being cut. He ended up being a nice player.

TrianglePlace

May 13, 2020

Also, he was stuck behind some good players at Iowa.

Fleming redshirted in 2012. In 2013, Iowa started BJ Lowery (all conference) and a freshman Desmond King at CB.

2014 and 2015 Iowa had King and Greg Mabin at the corners who were both back for 2016 when Fleming was at WVU.

Last edited:

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Also, he was stuck behind some good players at Iowa.

Fleming redshirted in 2012. In 2013, Iowa started BJ Lowery (all conference) and a freshman Desmond King at CB.

2014 and 2015 Iowa had King and Greg Main at the corners who were both back for 2016 when Fleming was at WVU.
It's clear he was stuck behind competition. He never stated he didn't get equal playing time. His allegations were about the behaviors towards him while at Iowa. Also, if he was never good enough to play, why did Kirk try so hard to not let him leave? Why care?

TrianglePlace

May 13, 2020
It's clear he was stuck behind competition. He never stated he didn't get equal playing time. His allegations were about the behaviors towards him while at Iowa. Also, if he was never good enough to play, why did Kirk try so hard to not let him leave? Why care?

He played, just wasn't good enough to start.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019

Who would've thought that Pat's stance would've been this one?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron