Tough day for EIU hoops hopes

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Since we are comparing coaching jobs for the 18-19 season and you brought up Fran's actions in Columbus, that is the same year Prohm went crazy in Carver in a game that his team lost by 14 points.
I wouldn't go down that road if I were you lol. You'll never win that argument. Prohm knew what he did was wrong and apologized, while Fran chased referees down a hallway, yelled obscenities and was suspended for multiple games for the second time in his career at Iowa.

TrianglePlace

May 13, 2020
I wouldn't go down that road if I were you lol. You'll never win that argument. Prohm knew what he did was wrong and apologized, while Fran chased referees down a hallway, yelled obscenities and was suspended for multiple games for the second time in his career at Iowa.

Also, isnt that the year that Prohm lost control of the team and there was a shoving match on the court during a game and a fight during practice that injured Shayok?

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Also, isnt that the year that Prohm lost control of the team and there was a shoving match on the court during a game and a fight during practice that injured Shayok?
You're not far off but that's not 100% correct. A lot of personalities and guys who just wanted to be done with college on that team. That's not the reason why we lost to OSU, but that was the reason why we dropped a few games towards the end. That and Babb got injured for one game and Shayok kicked a door and bruised his foot lol.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Lets plop this down here again:
Fran's bonus for a B1G tournament title is more than it would be reaching the round of 32, 16, 8, ties the Final Four, and more than winning B1G coach of the year, and National coach of the year.
Tournament titles don't matter though.

Legend Hawk

Sep 2, 2018
This might come as a shock to you but recruiting is the most important part of coaching CBB

I'd agree. Yet there is always an exception to every rule, so congrats on having a head coach that proves the exception to this rule.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron