Status
Not open for further replies.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Has anyone noticed that HyVee quit selling Hormel Little Sizzlers? I guess they had to close some plants and the Little Sizzler plant got the axe. Those things were the best.
TOTALLY agree. They stopped way back last year; we tried to get some for our New Yeat's Day breakfast. We always had those on hand. HyVee used to sell them 10 for $10 about every other month, and we'd stock up.
I'm trying to find another brand that we like but so far none have had as good of a texture or flavor. :(

ScottyP

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 24, 2007
Urbandale, IA
I had some leftover Chinese carry out for lunch today. My body is not agreeing with that decision.:(

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA
Strongly considering buying a Green Mountain pellet grill. I have a co-worker, who in my mind is the ne plus ultra of grillers, and that's what he owns.

Any advice/experience would be appreciated.

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA
Picotee? They come in different colors, but they are HUGE blossoms. I have a pot of gold w/cardinal edges, and two pots of red/white (couldn't find the cyclone colors locally, so bought what was available then found the other online).

Edit - nevermind. Picotee are begonias, not geraniums. I'm an idiot.

The vixen says they are heirloom geraniums. The color is really nice, a deep purple. (No Machine Head jokes, either.)
images

They look similar to these, but a tad darker and solid color. Gorgeous.

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA
TOTALLY agree. They stopped way back last year; we tried to get some for our New Yeat's Day breakfast. We always had those on hand. HyVee used to sell them 10 for $10 about every other month, and we'd stock up.
I'm trying to find another brand that we like but so far none have had as good of a texture or flavor. :(

I used to love Hormel Wranglers (hot dogs, only rough ground, sort of like a Polish sausage) and they quit making those, too.

My go-to soda was Diet Sunkist lemonade - the one diet soda that didn't taste like diet, and very refreshing in the summer. Now extinct. :(

CloneLawman

Fortis Non Ferox
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 13, 2006
Wherever I go, there I am.
Everyone has to love the old New YEAT's breakfast!!

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
I used to love Hormel Wranglers (hot dogs, only rough ground, sort of like a Polish sausage) and they quit making those, too.

My go-to soda was Diet Sunkist lemonade - the one diet soda that didn't taste like diet, and very refreshing in the summer. Now extinct. :(
Oh, I know what wranglers are...LOVED them. Lew used to give me crap about liking "expensive hot dogs" until he tried them. I've been searching for a substitute for those as well.

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
Strongly considering buying a Green Mountain pellet grill. I have a co-worker, who in my mind is the ne plus ultra of grillers, and that's what he owns.

Any advice/experience would be appreciated.

I've had my GM Daniel Boone for 5 years now. Have the cover and thermal blanket for it as I smoke year round. Just finished 2 lbs of jerky on Saturday. WiFi option is awesome! I tinkered and added a second grill grate and added a front shelf. I've done lots of briskets, wings, pork shoulder, pork loin, prime rib, steak, burgers. I want to get the pizza oven for it also. It's been steady. Had a few hiccups out of the gate, but customer service has been great when I needed it. I went through over 80 lb of pellets in two weeks if that shows you how much I use it.

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
2020 blows

Yep. Continued today for me directly. When my dad remarried 9 years ago we gained 2 dogs into the family courtesy of my stepmom. My dad had 1 dog so now together they had 3. Well years ago the first of my stepmom's dogs had to be put down then about 4 years ago my dad's dog had to be put down and now today my stepmom texted me that other one of dogs had to be put down. Luckily about 1 year ago they got their first dog as a couple so they aren't without a dog, but it's a sad day in that the 3 they had when they got married are now in the animal heavens. :(

28424729_10105170471256120_8688020649845108827_o.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron