OT Otto Hess: Arizona, Boston College, Minnesota
DQB Zach Yeager: Dartmouth, Missouri State
RB Terrance Kamara: Buffalo, Central Michigan, Navy
TE Mitchell Evans: Indiana, UCF
WR Dominic Lovett: Alabama, Georgia, LSU, Oregon, Penn State
SDE Robert Jackson: Arizona State
SDE Davon Townley Jr.: Indiana, Minnesota, Missouri
DT Taleeq Robbins: Georgia, Ole Miss, Texas A&M
OLB Gavin Barthiel: Boston College, Georgia Tech, Louisville, Nebraska, Pittsburgh
OLB Dominic McMillian: Central Michigan, North Dakota State, South Alabama, Wyoming
CB Tyler Hibbler: Missouri
WR Raheim Sanders: Arkansas, Auburn

Cool:
WR Dominic Lovett: Illinois, Purdue
SDE Ryan Keeler: Minnesota
WDE TJ Bollers: California, Washington
DT Taleeq Robbins: Arizona State
How many more Oline are we looking to take? 2-3? Curious as to what others think our preferred options are. I would imagine they want 1. Pettus 2. Mbow and 3. Tyler Maro?

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
How many more Oline are we looking to take? 2-3? Curious as to what others think our preferred options are. I would imagine they want 1. Pettus 2. Mbow and 3. Tyler Maro?
From what I can see, the staff still has their fingers in pies with at least a half dozen OT’s, probably more like 8-10 or more. That’s enough different kids that I wouldn’t want to try to guess who’s at the top of their list.

Though landing Maro would make some Instate-centric people happy. I’d guess the staff would take two more prototypical OT’s, if you consider Bonifas a swing guy.

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
I just saw 247’s own updated Instate rankings. Good heavens, it couldn’t be more blatantly obvious that they’re puckering up to kiss Ferentz’s wrinkled backside. They even dropped Bollers to #4. Why not? He’s not considering Iowa.

That they bumped up the DeJean kid even more is purely ridiculous. In their reviews they even admit that it’s because of the athleticism he displays on the basketball court, not playing football. if that was all that mattered, TJ Tampa should be a five star.

https://247sports.com/Season/2021-Football/RecruitRankings/?InstitutionGroup=HighSchool&State=IA

cyclone4L

Jun 30, 2013
I'm not going to let myself get too excited about Pettus or Mbow. I think Pettus will go to FSU and Mbow will go to a Big Ten school. I like our chances with Maro barring him getting offers from Big Ten and SEC schools (If he gets an offer from Iowa, it's a done deal).

I also like Harlan Obioha and the staff does, too. Super raw (and super tall), but someone they can mold into a LT.

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
It seems to me this guy is being recruited as an RB.
Seems a safe bet. Of course, with his size and athleticism, he might have more NFL value as a linebacker—but I left my crystal ball in my other jacket.

I’d be quite happy to have this kid be the full time RB of this class.