Iowa Football Recruiting

Brodie0

Apr 1, 2020
Yep, several previous years.

How do you figure on this year?

If ISU lands Noel, it will at minimum be as good as Iowa’s already.

And if Iowa lands Brecht, Keagan Johnson, and Skyler Bell, it will be better than Iowa State’s by a significant margin.

TheJackWePack5

Oct 2, 2011
Ankeny, IA.
And if Iowa lands Brecht, Keagan Johnson, and Skyler Bell, it will be better than Iowa State’s by a significant margin.
Better than ISU’s currently? Sure. But “IF” ISU ends up with their top targets at WR by signing day, Iowa’s won’t won’t be any better, let alone by a “significant” margin.

We’ll see how many they land and where ISU ends up with WR targets.

SouthernCy

Sep 8, 2019
WR’s should be judged by total TD’s. QB’s and coaches are measured by wins. ISM had 10 TD’s in 2019. Did isu have anyone close to that from the WR position?
Why should a WR be judged by TD’s? That’s absolutely idiotic. Which is fitting for you. Cause by your method a WR who has 3 TD’s for 20 yards in a game is better than a WR who has 140 yards and zero TD’s

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny

Are you talking about the future at the position or this upcoming year? Because even you will admit Iowa State has the position much better the last few years which is what's relevant to this upcoming season

Brodie0

Apr 1, 2020
Better than ISU’s currently? Sure. But “IF” ISU ends up with their top targets at WR by signing day, Iowa’s won’t won’t be any better, let alone by a “significant” margin.

We’ll see how many they land and where ISU ends up with WR targets.

Who are Iowa State’s top targets at WR and where do they stand with them? I genuinely have no idea.

TheBear

Apr 23, 2020
More catches, yards, TD’s while sharing 1,000 yards and 10 TD with TE’s.

So actually, yeah they did.

I want to make sure I have this right, first it was isu has better WR’s but when they can’t keep up with the TD’s Iowa’s WR produced last year we now need to pivot from WR’s to also bring in RB’s and TE’s. I guess if you move the goal posts enough eventually you are bound to get it right.

Stewo

Oct 29, 2008
Iowa
For the Hawk fans in the know, what is Brecht waiting for? A certain date or something?

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
For the Hawk fans in the know, what is Brecht waiting for? A certain date or something?

Iowa State coaches said they needed through the end of the week to decide if their offer was committable. Once he gets the formal no from Campbell he'll commit this weekend is my assumption

TheBear

Apr 23, 2020
When someone scores a KR TD on your fantasy team do the points go to that player or D/ST?

I don’t play Fantasy Football. In real football a TD is a TD. In real football if a coach doesn’t use their playmakers to score TD’s and win games they probably aren’t considered a great coach.

Crookedhatkid

May 14, 2018
I don’t play Fantasy Football. In real football a TD is a TD. In real football if a coach doesn’t use their playmakers to score TD’s and win games they probably aren’t considered a great coach.

Okay now answer my next post.

TheJackWePack5

Oct 2, 2011
Ankeny, IA.
I want to make sure I have this right, first it was isu has better WR’s but when they can’t keep up with the TD’s Iowa’s WR produced last year we now need to pivot from WR’s to also bring in RB’s and TE’s. I guess if you move the goal posts enough eventually you are bound to get it right.
What are you talking about?

For WR groups...who had more catches, yards, TDs, and yards per catch?

If you want to talk about kick returns, sure I’ll concede Iowa had a better kick returner.

I don’t know what that has to do with receiving.