Coronavirus Coronavirus: In-Iowa General Discussion (Not Limited)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mkadl

Mar 17, 2006
Cornfield
A righty "news" site, not an extreme rightwing crackpot site but full on bias looking for angles to support Republicans and Trump. Heavy on feed for those looking to feed their confirmation bias. Their lead story is on a 1993 allegation against Biden. :rolleyes:
Why is Minnesota’s death rate so much higher?[/QUO
Currently at least 15 people at my next door neighbors house right now for some sort of party. The gathering doesn't really bother me, but the damn kids keep chasing a FB into my backyard which was just reseeded.

GET OFF MY LAWN
Chasing a Facebook ? Oh I figured it out. ;)

CycloneDaddy

Sep 24, 2006
Johnston
6 new deaths:

• Black Hawk County, 1 middle-age adult (41-60 years)
  • Clinton County, 1 elderly adult (81+)
  • Des Moines County, 1 older adult (61-80 years)
  • Johnson County, 1 adult (18-40 years), 1 elderly adult (81+)
  • Linn County, 1 elderly adult (81+)

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
Not an article on COVID itself but an article on the Paycheck Protection Plan with lot's of detail/exposure of West Bank in WDM. Sounds like they tried to do good for their customers.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/money/mark...eck-protection-program/ar-BB13c0cm?ocid=ientp

Smart approach, especially the night part.
I'm assuming he gathered the 175 employees virtually. That part could have been worded a little more clearly to make him look better (unless he didn't, and then, WTH?).

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
Not an article on COVID itself but an article on the Paycheck Protection Plan with lot's of detail/exposure of West Bank in WDM. Sounds like they tried to do good for their customers.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/money/mark...eck-protection-program/ar-BB13c0cm?ocid=ientp

I have a couple clients who used West bank and they got things processed for them pretty fast. I had to print everything out and deliver it to a drive up to submit it. The only thing that annoyed me from West Bank was they required a lot more documentation that other banks didn't (Most just wanted the application, calculation and the 4 Form 941's to support the calculation).

The PPP process went fairly smooth if you were at a littler bank. The big banks US Bank, BoA, Wells Fargo, Bank of the West, etc. were all to big for this process because they had million of applications coming in from all over the US.

The West Bank guy in the article says he thinks the funds for round 2 will run out in 4-5 days, I actually think it'll be 2-3 days based on all the backlog that didn't get submitted in round 1 plus all the new people who either didn't know or weren't interested in round 1.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Iowa is ranked 32nd in the United States by population. Iowa is ranked 32nd in the United States by deaths per 1 million people for COVID.

Seems pretty average to me.

They might actually get within range that U-Washington's model for projections.

UNIGuy4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 11, 2009
Anyone heard of any of the details for tomorrow's press conference with Reynolds, I wonder what all is opening. Hopefully hair care, restaurants, bars and retailers. All can be done correctly if planned out. If we can fit a couple hundred people into Ankeny HyVee, we can do all of the above.

ISUAgronomist

Nov 5, 2009
On the farm, IA
Anyone heard of any of the details for tomorrow's press conference with Reynolds, I wonder what all is opening. Hopefully hair care, restaurants, bars and retailers. All can be done correctly if planned out. If we can fit a couple hundred people into Ankeny HyVee, we can do all of the above.

Doubt bars open.

ClonesTwenty1

May 23, 2018
My guess is salons and little things like that open. I think restaurants and bars will have to wait. With this extra testing just getting ready to start it would be best to extend major gathering businesses till we see where we sit when the tests go up even more. But Reynolds let farmers market happen so who the **** knows.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Help Support Us

Become a patron