Coronavirus Coronavirus: In-Iowa General Discussion (Not Limited)

Status
Not open for further replies.

erinmd32

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2015
Not exactly what they said below is their joint statement:
“Today, Iowa Governor Kim Reynolds announced health systems may begin working to resume some elective procedures beginning Monday, April 27th. Mercy Medical Center and UnityPoint Health facilities do not yet have definitive timelines to share, but have begun planning for resuming elective procedures that prioritize the health and safety of our team members, patients and communities.

You might want to include the rest of the quote too where they say they do not have enough ppe for elective surgeries. Hospitals in Cedar Rapids today are asking for volunteers to sew masks.

Mercy will not begin elective surgeries on Monday, April 27, as we carefully ensure we have the appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE) and other supplies needed to safely perform elective procedures. The safety of our patients, staff and community has and will continue to be our top priority.

More information will follow in the coming weeks to detail which procedures we are prepared to reinstate, and on which date they will resume. Patients will be notified to confirm their procedures when we have finalized plans to safely do so.

Reactions: bawbie

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
You might want to include the rest of the quote too where they say they do not have enough ppe for elective surgeries. Hospitals in Cedar Rapids today are asking for volunteers to sew masks.

Mercy will not begin elective surgeries on Monday, April 27, as we carefully ensure we have the appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE) and other supplies needed to safely perform elective procedures. The safety of our patients, staff and community has and will continue to be our top priority.

More information will follow in the coming weeks to detail which procedures we are prepared to reinstate, and on which date they will resume. Patients will be notified to confirm their procedures when we have finalized plans to safely do so.

But people want to pretend it's basically over.

Reactions: Macloney

isuno1fan

Mar 30, 2006
Clive, Iowa
Currently at least 15 people at my next door neighbors house right now for some sort of party. The gathering doesn't really bother me, but the damn kids keep chasing a FB into my backyard which was just reseeded.

GET OFF MY LAWN

jkbuff98

Jan 3, 2017

Thanks for that - I honestly only saw the part that I quoted

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Top 3 (Iowa, North Dakota, and Nebraska) are huge packing states, which have been responsible for a large percentage of the cases. Should we have shut all of these down?

We should have been more on top of it at the packing plants. For example, there are plenty of reports out there that there were not appropriate protections for the workers until relatively recently. States should have ensured that they were using it from the start. I would assume that states have pandemic plans---as part of those plans dealing with important food chain employers should have been an important key.

I suspect that states looked at the meat packing plants and said screw them....

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
We should have been more on top of it at the packing plants. For example, there are plenty of reports out there that there were not appropriate protections for the workers until relatively recently. States should have ensured that they were using it from the start. I would assume that states have pandemic plans---as part of those plans dealing with important food chain employers should have been an important key.

I suspect that states looked at the meat packing plants and said screw them....

I think it's what's caused a spike in WI as well and measurements overall are stricter here.

bawbie

Staff member
Mar 17, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
This is still happening with no explanation: masks heading to states or specific hospitals being confiscated by the federal govt.

MeowingCows

Jun 1, 2015
Iowa
Last edited by a moderator:

mynameisjonas

Jan 19, 2019
I find it amazing that Story county only has 6 current active cases of CCP virus. Lucky so far. Will probably pop when students return.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
I find it amazing that Story county only has 6 current active cases of CCP virus. Lucky so far. Will probably pop when students return.

I'd love to know how many tests vs. positive cases there are in each county.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron