Random Thoughts 14: I can see clearly now 2020 edition

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.
Status
Not open for further replies.

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
While showering last night, I noticed the water wasn't draining. Living with two long-haired females, I unfortunately knew what the cause of the problem was.

I finished showering, popped the drain cover off, inserted the snake (TWSS), and pulled out this
images

giphy.webp

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
My brother (who vets things a LOT more thoroughly than moi) sent this video to friends and family. Some good info on how to handle groceries, take-out.

https://youtu.be/sjDuwc9KBps

Thanks for posting...I'd wonder how apples are affected by soapy water...may just need to skin them completely.

I've also read that salty water soaking can sanitize fruit. I'd probably just wipe down bananas or oranges since the skin is not used.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
While showering last night, I noticed the water wasn't draining. Living with two long-haired females, I unfortunately knew what the cause of the problem was.

I finished showering, popped the drain cover off, inserted the snake (TWSS), and pulled out this
images

giphy.webp

As a long-haired woman who grew up in a family of girls with waist-length hair, may I offer some advice?

This is your BEST friend...
6285213708878p

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
I'm either going to have to go to the store for bread or bake a loaf today.

And I will never understand Euchre. This online game I have tried pulls the trick so quickly that I can't see what card took the trick. So many times it seems like the person that took the trick wasn't who I thought should take it.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Social distancing grades of some of my local friends and peeps on CF is not going well. Going to go with a D-. The, "doesn't apply to me" is strong.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Social distancing grades of some of my local friends and peeps on CF is not going well. Going to go with a D-. The, "doesn't apply to me" is strong.

I haven’t been out where anybody has been within 100 foot of me for the whole week. Getting kinda depressing, and I even hate being around people.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Now the OG Terminator is on.

Reading up on it, the cyborg (Arnold) came from 2029.

If the machines take over and start a war with us over the next decade, well, ya gotta hand it to 'em: they were just better when it mattered.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
Now the OG Terminator is on.

Reading up on it, the cyborg (Arnold) came from 2029.

If the machines take over and start a war with us over the next decade, well, ya gotta hand it to 'em: they were just better when it mattered.
I was watching that last night. Still a great movie

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
A short video (6:15) with one person and just a few props, if you're into that kind of thing. This was in a message today from a subscription of mine - free by the way -- Now I Know. The weekender issue with more and longer articles comes out each Friday. But I digress. Enjoy!

oldman

Nov 5, 2009
I'm either going to have to go to the store for bread or bake a loaf today.

And I will never understand Euchre. This online game I have tried pulls the trick so quickly that I can't see what card took the trick. So many times it seems like the person that took the trick wasn't who I thought should take it.
When I'd watch the adults play, sometimes in the middle of a hand, everyone would just throw their cards in. Took me a while to figure out that the outcome for a particular hand was sometimes decided halfway through.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
A short video (6:15) with one person and just a few props, if you're into that kind of thing. This was in a message today from a subscription of mine - free by the way -- Now I Know. The weekender issue with more and longer articles comes out each Friday. But I digress. Enjoy!

He had to practice that quite a bit just to get his angles correct when throwing those balls at it.

Status
Not open for further replies.