Random Thoughts 14: I can see clearly now 2020 edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
Have been having some very frustrating issues with the main program I use on my work computer. Started an IT ticket but they were slow as usual so I figured what the hey I will just try uninstalling and reinstalling. Seemed like a great idea until it wouldn't install again and now I have been at a work stoppage for nearly 24 hours with little help from IT.

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
Just sent you a pm about this -- I have pics of the 10 pages of cookie recipes from the 1976 book. The next page goes to cakes.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
So, going through my index, the cookie recipes on the missing pages are:
p117
Coconut Kisses
Coconut Macaroons
Gumdrop Cookies
Mocha Frosted Drops
Pecan Crispies

p118
Lemon Tea Cookies
Orange Drop cookies
Sugar Cookies, Drop

Butterscotch Cookies
Gingersnaps
Jam Thumbprints
p119
Chocolate Crinkles
Peanut Butter Cookies
Peffernuesse
Sandies
Spritz
Vanilla Crisps
p120
Pecan Tassies
Gumdrop Gems
Lemon Pecan Dainties
Oatmeal Rounds
Refrigerator Cookies

(drop cookies, filled cookies, refrigerator cookies, shaped cookies)

In other words...most of my favorite recipes. Some I've been able to duplicate...most, not so much. Similar recipes, but not quite like mama made them. :D

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA
After seeing your cookbook shelf I have a question for you. I don't know the pub date, but my book was a wedding gift in 1976. It is CLEARLY well loved...and well used! ;) One small problem - I am missing two pages from the cookie section - pages 117/118 and 119/120. Below are pictures of the surrounding pages. If you have an edition with the same pages 116 & 121, would you please please please take pictures for me of the pages I am missing? Thank you!!!
View attachment 70853 View attachment 70854 View attachment 70855

Geez, KC. That thing reminds me of the Dead Sea scrolls. o_O

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Looking at the national Covid numbers. I can say that I am not disappointed that we didn't make New York. I remember researching the situation and New York was kinda playing if off. We would have been on the subway there (I remember the news was amazed at a 10 percent drop on ridership the day before we were supposed to leave, that is still a huge amount of people). By the time we would have left we would have been right at the ramp up of it.

Sousaclone

Apr 29, 2006
North of Seattle
Looking at the national Covid numbers. I can say that I am not disappointed that we didn't make New York. I remember researching the situation and New York was kinda playing if off. We would have been on the subway there (I remember the news was amazed at a 10 percent drop on ridership the day before we were supposed to leave, that is still a huge amount of people). By the time we would have left we would have been right at the ramp up of it.

I am so glad I got out of that area. I was in White Plains (about 35 minutes north by train), and I can just imagine how crazy it is up there. Everything is just packed in so tight even up in the suburbs.

CloneLawman

Fortis Non Ferox
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 13, 2006
Wherever I go, there I am.
Are you kidding??!!??? Norwegians don't play cards, for crying out loud! That's almost like dancing or copulation! You go wash your mouth out with soap RIGHT NOW!
No kidding here. I know whole clans of Norwegians who play cards, dance, and copulate (though not usually at the same time, I'm guessing, and never in my presence if they do).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron