Random Thoughts 14: I can see clearly now 2020 edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

stormchaser2014

Mar 12, 2012
Wisconsin
I hope Menards stays open. They should since they sell groceries and stuff for emergency home repairs. I'm in the middle of a slow going cabinet renovation project along with door and drywall replacement.

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA
I hope Menards stays open. They should since they sell groceries and stuff for emergency home repairs. I'm in the middle of a slow going cabinet renovation project along with door and drywall replacement.

In Dirty Dodge, a Menards closing would be tough. They're about the only ones with an extensive offering of plumbing and electrical materials - can you imagine a broken water line, or leaky toilet, or bad breakers, etc? I'd think they have to be considered essential, as much as it pains me to say it.

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
So I can't get an appt at my optometrist because they closed due to the virus but my dog can get right in at the vet?

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
The pages are starting to fall out of my 47 year old Good Housekeeping Cookbook
You're using the wrong brand. (just ignore the Betty Crocker one.)
BTW, I have done some cookbook collecting, but think it's time to whittle it down some.

Attachments

• Cookbooks.jpg
    Cookbooks.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 8

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
You're using the wrong brand. (just ignore the Betty Crocker one.)
BTW, I have done some cookbook collecting, but think it's time to whittle it down some.
I used to have a Betty Crocker cookbook. Might still have it buried in a box in the basement

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
I looked up Euchre and tried playing online. It would take a while to understand it. I think one player takes the trick yet another one does.

CloneLawman

Fortis Non Ferox
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 13, 2006
Wherever I go, there I am.
I looked up Euchre and tried playing online. It would take a while to understand it. I think one player takes the trick yet another one does.

Stay calm and hold on to your Right Bower!

Edit: I grew up in Northeast Iowa, the descendant (on Mom's side) of Norwegian immigrants (and Vikings too, I spose). I know Euchre! I'm not saying it originated in Norway, but we learned Euchre as kids from Grandma and Grandpa Johnson (Gertrude and Alvie).

Last edited:
Reactions: harimad

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Wife has been checking out new neighbors Facebook. They haven’t moved in yet. This lady is gossip central and sounds half crazed.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011

Any time I've tried playing, I can never follow along with the first rules, and then all of the sub-rules just get more confusing. Then everyone seems to have a different name for each subset of sub rules.

• Agree
Reactions: cowgirl836

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
On the drive to work I see what appears to be a dryer in the ditch. Been there a bit. How do you lose a dryer while driving?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Help Support Us

Become a patron