Random Thoughts 14: I can see clearly now 2020 edition

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
Non-COVID-19 post: I bought an ORBI router and satellite via Amazon this week on SIL’s recommendation. They have one and works great. It actually was delivered a day earlier than the order indicated. We’ve now been trying for hours today to get it set up. The two connect, the new network just isn’t showing on my phone. So I’ve been using data to get a WiFi thing in place. Finally did a chat, first in queue, wait a couple minutes for this reply:

Customer Service
We apologize for keeping you waiting. Our operators are busy at the moment, please leave us a message with your email address and we'll get back to you shortly.

update: We ended up calling the number they gave us and found out the problem was nothing we did or didn’t do. Turns out our router was registered by someone else named Matt Everly on Feb. 14, 2020! The only WiFi network showing was Everly WiFi, not what our default name was, but that didn’t mean anything to us.
All right Amazon- you’re next. I ordered this as a new item

Reactions: NWICY

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Guessing it about time to change into pajamas again. Got dressed to go for recreational drive in old Porsche. Not much reason to stay in street clothes now that I am back home.

ISUCyclones2015

Doesn't wipe standing up
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2010
Chicago, IL
how is life lately? got any pepper seeds going or do you not do that and just get plants?

Life is good outside the obvious. I have a job that’s very easy to work from home so no worries there. Other than that I was in the very early stages of looking for houses.

I’m running out of friends that still live in Dallas, a lot of them have moved and the last two really good friends are moving in April. So while Dallas is on the list of potential places it’s quickly going away. Looking at Chicago, Minneapolis, Dallas, Vegas, Seattle and San Diego. Leaning towards Chicago because of a lot of ISU friends and Seattle since the HQ Mothership is starting to come calling.

I also applied to some pretty top business schools for an MBA with a GMAT exemption to see if anyone them will accept me without it. Which might change some things and postpone house buying. NYU seemed semi promising when I interviewed with them. I’m expecting a lot of them to tell me to take the GMAT since my ISU GPA was pretty damn low. No harm in trying though since my company pays for application fees and will pay for tuition. At the very least they’ll tell me what I need to improve on.

How’s baby life? I haven’t been active in this thread since shortly after they were born.

• Friendly
Reactions: cowgirl836

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Wife wanted homemade bread. Gets stuff and then says, can you make it you have more patience than I do with that stuff. There is an experience from 30 years ago. Let’s see how it turns out.

• Funny

ISUCyclones2015

Doesn't wipe standing up
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2010
Chicago, IL
Wife wanted homemade bread. Gets stuff and then says, can you make it you have more patience than I do with that stuff. There is an experience from 30 years ago. Let’s see how it turns out.

Flour Water Salt Yeast has been one of the best cookbooks I've ever bought. All about making bread and my bread has turned up to 100 ever since I bought it. Amazon Link - https://amzn.to/3999Ua3

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
On a Fareway run. Will report back on bubble bath availability. Among other things.

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
Life is good outside the obvious. I have a job that’s very easy to work from home so no worries there. Other than that I was in the very early stages of looking for houses.

I’m running out of friends that still live in Dallas, a lot of them have moved and the last two really good friends are moving in April. So while Dallas is on the list of potential places it’s quickly going away. Looking at Chicago, Minneapolis, Dallas, Vegas, Seattle and San Diego. Leaning towards Chicago because of a lot of ISU friends and Seattle since the HQ Mothership is starting to come calling.

I also applied to some pretty top business schools for an MBA with a GMAT exemption to see if anyone them will accept me without it. Which might change some things and postpone house buying. NYU seemed semi promising when I interviewed with them. I’m expecting a lot of them to tell me to take the GMAT since my ISU GPA was pretty damn low. No harm in trying though since my company pays for application fees and will pay for tuition. At the very least they’ll tell me what I need to improve on.

How’s baby life? I haven’t been active in this thread since shortly after they were born.

Doing well too...aside from the obvious. We can both wfh. Lot with a toddler around though so idk how weeks of this will go. He did ok this week. Excited for warmer weather so it's easier to get outside and go do stuff.

Good luck on MBA stuff!

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Used the bread for supper. Used as pizza dough. Turned out ok, but one piece filled you up and I made two pizzas. Enough for all of tomorrow but I’m smoking us some pulled pork so meals will be leftovers all week.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Had an old neighbor and friend from the hometown contact me today about checking in on my Dad and helping with supplies etc.

Not saying that's not happening elsewhere but I ****ing love Iowa and small town life and will be forever proud and grateful I grew up there.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Local animal shelter telling people that they have rescued dogs to keep you company while quarantined. Will probably be a pitbull and be biting my *** the whole time.

• Funny
Status
Not open for further replies.