What's streaming that's good TV/movies

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
If you never watched the TV show series Friday Night Lights that is well worth watching from start to finish. Five seasons and 76 total episodes. I'm amazed at how many people still haven't seen the TV show yet and the ones that take up my advice usually rave about it later how great of a show it is.

May not be every person's cup of tea but Nashville is another good show I enjoyed. Six seasons and 124 episodes. The great part about that show is all the actors do their own singing and musical instruments and the music is original content so no cheesy voice overs for songs or faking it. They even did 2 or 3 recorded shows that aired as episode specials between seasons that showcased some of the popular songs that they performed at the Ryman and some of the cast even did some tours together as well.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
That's been fun to watch. Some of those people are amazingly talented at a skill that is almost useless. Gotta say, a majority of those teams are not really very likeable. Lots of either annoying people, DBs or just strange cats. I do like the two bearded guys.

It is pretty amazing to see what they create, although I'm skeptical of the time component. Those people look pretty rested for working on a Legos for 15 hours straight...

I agree, some of the teams are kind of odd. I too like the two bearded ones. I liked the father/son one while they were on.

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
It is pretty amazing to see what they create, although I'm skeptical of the time component. Those people look pretty rested for working on a Legos for 15 hours straight...

I agree, some of the teams are kind of odd. I too like the two bearded ones. I liked the father/son one while they were on.

I guarantee that they take breaks or even quit for the day and come back the next morning. But I haven't paid enough attention to tell if they have different clothes. A 15 hour lego building session would actually be pretty grueling and those guys would look like zombies at the end.

cydsho

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
Omaha, NE
I need a pick me up movie....maybe Children of Men? Maybe a xanax in the middle.

HitItHard58

Nov 3, 2012
Story Co.
The Outsider on HBO and I'd recommend taking the time to read the book first. I'm almost always disappointed by a movie or show when I've read the book first but this was definitely an exception. The changes they made for the show totally made sense and as far as Stephen King adaptations, this is right up there with the best.

Dave on FX is only three episodes in so won't be able to binge a ton of episodes but worth watching. First couple episodes were good enough but the third episode had me go from feeling so awkward that I could hardly watch at times to literally rolling on my couch laughing hysterically by the end. Been listening to Lil Dicky a lot the last few years and was skeptically optimistic about how well his show would do. So far so good.

Started Parks and Rec for the zillionth time and its still hilarious. If you've never seen it, it's on Hulu and Prime. Watch season 3 episode 13 and if that's not your thing, don't bother watching the rest of the show.

Kidding is a Showtime series but you can watch the first season on Prime through the end of March. Jim Carrey plays a Mr. Rogers type kids TV show host dealing with the tragic death of his son and subsequent separation from his wife. Toes the line between funny and heartbreaking really well and Jim Carrey is great in it.

Reactions: Angie

RLD4ISU

Sep 13, 2018
Otsego, MN
Ozark (Netflix)
Narcos & Narcos: Mexico (Netflix)
The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel (Amazon Prime)
The Ranch (Netflix)
Justified (I think it's on Hulu. Otherwise, you can buy all of the seasons on Prime or Apple TV)
The Crown (Netflix)

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Thought of another good sports-esque documentary - All Work All Play about ESports. It's fascinating.

Shawker

This May Not Be Accurate
Jun 19, 2014
Des Moines
I highly recommend Giri/Haji on Netflix. It was really, really good as long as you don't mind occasional subtitles.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Bump!

1. Finished season 2 of Kingdom on Netflix. Damn good.

2. Started The Letter For the King the other night. Only six episodes for this first season, which is ridiculously short. Through three episodes. It's not half bad and kinda like it. Good stuck at home all of the time fare IMHO. I think some reviews are a little harsh, not everything needs to be judged against the early seasons of Game of Thrones. The music and visual of the night approach to the mountain monastery was cringe worthy but it was thankfully short and got back on track. Some great scenery, the big outdoors stuff was shot in New Zealand à la Peter Jackson.

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
Tiger King. Craziest **** I've seen in a long time

I used to do a lot of work for clients in Chickasha, OK (where the Grady County jail is at) and would also travel to Ardmore, OK in which I would drive right by the exit for Wynnewood and see the billboard. Huge regret that I never stopped by to check it out.