The NCAA tournament will be closed to fans

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
But isn't that what the media is pushing?

We can't spread this b/c people will die.

heart disease, obesity, influenza.. all more dangerous to everyone than corona.

If I sit next to someone at an event that has heart disease, or is obese, I'm not going to get those things from it.
And if I get a flu shot I have at least a good chance of not getting it.

Why are these comparisons happening?

Are we going to compare it to unintentional injuries too?

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
A life long obsession of going out to drink beer, and eat things like hot dogs, nachos, walking tacos, and clone cones, and then you end up with heart disease. So I would argue that going out in large groups can cause heart disease.

This is amazing.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I sat next to a guy eating a double cheeseburger, think I will pop some aspirin to thin the blood a bit.

After being at the state fair last year I got home and practically sprinted 5 miles. Having a corn dog is part of the deal, but being around the amount of visitors that were just continuing their lifestyle was a great motivator.

• Funny
  • Agree
Reactions: Cy$ and fsanford

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
But isn't that what the media is pushing?

We can't spread this b/c people will die.

heart disease, obesity, influenza.. all more dangerous to everyone than corona.

giphy.gif

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
One positive: this won't be one of those 'Only ISU' things like a year when ISU is a strong seed sent to Des Moines.

• Agree
Reactions: cyclonedave25

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
A life long obsession of going out to drink beer, and eat things like hot dogs, nachos, walking tacos, and clone cones, and then you end up with heart disease. So I would argue that going out in large groups can cause heart disease.

If only you could choose what you consume.

Reactions: madguy30

Raiders70

Nov 18, 2015
Last night for fans at all sporting events?(NBA,NHL,etc.)...Hope we are getting the real info from media/government. Things have changed dramatically in just a few hours.

Urbandale2013

Jan 28, 2018
Urbandale
I really don’t think people are actually listening to the medical professionals. There is a difference between cautious prevention of spreading the disease and what we’ve seen today. We have to still live our lives. Take precautions let people get refunds for events but today has been an overreaction.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I really don’t think people are actually listening to the medical professionals. There is a difference between cautious prevention of spreading the disease and what we’ve seen today. We have to still live our lives. Take precautions let people get refunds for events but today has been an overreaction.

People can still live their lives.

It'll just be without 1st world luxuries.

• Winner
Reactions: WhoISthis